Home waxing advice...

(2 Posts)
Wizotto Wed 20-Jul-16 19:25:57

I am trying to save money and wondered whether I could do my own waxing - full leg and bikini. Has anyone tried it and if so can you recommend any specific kits or products I could use? Thank you

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Jul-16 22:17:07

Hello -

I use an epilator on my legs (I find it too much faff to wax them but I can sit their and waft the epilator up and down and round and round)
For wax, I like the Veet microwave one. (Not the stripless one, I know they're meant to be better but I can't get on with them)

Prep first - exfoliate with a non oily scrub ( I like Bodyshop Pink Grapefruit) or I do the buffing the day before.
Dry skin well and apply a thin dust of talc.
With bikini line , I do a small area at a time (about 1" wide) its easier to keep the skin taut and you need to work out the direction to pull.

With armpits , I do one strip upwards then one downwards to get both directions of growth.
And after its been heated a few times, the wax gets too sticky to work, so maybe 3-4 heatings and its done.
The wooden spatula has a temp guide (blue rectangle if its ok, )

I used to use Bodyshop Sugaring with fabric strips ( could be washed and reused) and one by Nads which was a ball of wax that you rolled over the skin and it gripped the hair (I only used it on my legs though)

Cold wax strips do nothing on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now