Talk

Advanced search

Aagh, wedding queries again...

(5 Posts)
Giggorata Tue 19-Jul-16 22:31:36

Is there such a thing as going too posh for a wedding? It's going to be in a large city in Scotland, & it's been suggested they dress up a bit more there.
Bearing in mind that I'm a bit of an old biddy at 60+ & I don't really want to buy another outfit. I'd like to "make do" with what I've got....
I have a Jaego silk dress with bolero.. In fuschia & black.. I'm size 16, hourglass... I have either black or fuschia shoes, mid heel, because you have the wedding walk & a sort of hatinator thing in fuschia & black.
We're old friends of the family & will probably spend the evening before with the couple's parents, just to put it in context, so not family but reasonably close.. Any thoughts?

Pantsalive Wed 20-Jul-16 10:46:46

I think that sounds ideal. It's the sort of thing I would wear to a wedding, unless it was a particularly casual affair.

Totally appropriate. Scottish weddings do tend to be more dressy I think, lots of the outfits I've seen suggested on here for wedding guests would be quite casual by our standards I think

burnishedsilver Wed 20-Jul-16 11:49:49

What length is the dress?

Giggorata Wed 20-Jul-16 19:41:43

It's below knee length on me, which is where I want it to be. Knee length doesn't suit me at all.
Thanks for the reassurances; I just wanted to be sure I wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb...😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now