Advanced search

Underthings for nice dress....where to buy?

(6 Posts)
ApocalypseNowt Tue 19-Jul-16 15:41:41

I bought a silky shirt dress for a wedding i'm going to this weekend but when i've put it on it sort of clings round my legs a bit.

Would a slip of some sort or an underskirt help?

Where's best to go? Looked on M&S and they have some stuff. I'm super skint though so want to spend as little as possible (while still getting something that does the job).


I saw some half slips the other day, sure it was in Tesco. Almost positive it was... was also in Matalan that day though...

Pippin8 Tue 19-Jul-16 20:38:18

Is it silk, or satin or polyester? I only ask as if it's either of the latter 2, a good amount of body or hand cream applied liberally to the skin stops static cling.
It also works over tights.

ohidoliketobe Tue 19-Jul-16 20:40:54

As Pippin says - Apparently baby lotion reduces static. Although I don't know how long it lasts. You don't have a proper old fashioned market near you do you? They'd defo do little slips for a few ££

Pantsalive Wed 20-Jul-16 11:01:01

How about this? £7.99 from amazon and on Prime.

ApocalypseNowt Wed 20-Jul-16 18:06:56

Thanks for the tips. There's a good market I can probably get to on my lunch break if i power walk there and back so i might have a look there. Don't know why i didn't think of it - markets have everything!

I'll check what it's made of too....doubt it's real silk tbh so i'll lotion myself up for good measure! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now