Talk

Advanced search

No staff on beauty counters

(5 Posts)
MadSprocker Tue 19-Jul-16 14:55:05

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this:

If I am in Debenhams or Boots and at a counter (Clinique, Estée Lauder, Urban Decay etc) and no one is there to serve me for a particular product, I just search through the drawers looking for it.

In Boots today there was no one until a girl from Lancôme came over to the Yves Saint Laurent counter and pointed the way to the correct product. I had gone through every drawer twice before she came to help.

Anyone else get frustrated by lack of staff?

Georgina1975 Tue 19-Jul-16 14:58:11

Yes!

I went looking for staff at the Clarins counter in Debenhams, HoF and Boots the other week. A nice lady from Estée Lauder helped in Boots, but I realised I had been given the wrong thing when I got home.

Don't know the answer - I guess they're on lunch (as am I - usually go about 1pm).

Nabootique Tue 19-Jul-16 14:58:19

Oh, I just go through the drawers anyway! It is bothersome when the products contained in the drawers are not those that the drawer is near though, and then I would like some help. I think it's maybe to deter shoplifters?

I do agree that in department stores like Debenhams and Boots they are a bit lacking, but then I was in Space NK at the weekend and the sales assistant in there would not leave me alone, which was quite annoying.

Toxicity Tue 19-Jul-16 16:08:27

That is a bit annoying when you want a product, I've had the same thing happen myself. On the other hand though, sometimes I like when nobody is on the counter as I can have a good nose at the products without any interruption!

Doobigetta Tue 19-Jul-16 18:01:46

No, I love it when there are no staff. Hate hate hate being pestered by them, I find it really intrusive. Hate the way they always try and make me do the stupid skin type test, then try and flog me a foundation three shades darker and more orange than my skin, then try to flog me two more things I don't want so I can get a free bag with a bright pink lipstick, green eyeshadow and four samples that won't work for me. And then get all huffy when I say, thanks, I don't want to give you my postcode or go on your database.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now