Talk

Advanced search

Milia help

(11 Posts)
lalaland1985 Mon 18-Jul-16 17:29:45

Ive been suffering from milia around my eye area for years. Does anyone know of any decent products to shift it? Ive tried loads of different scrubs and cleansers but generally end up getting a needle and squeezing them out and making my face bleed then scab.

lalaland1985 Mon 18-Jul-16 22:35:14

Only me then blush

fiorentina Mon 18-Jul-16 22:40:01

No I also poke them out!

ThinkPinkStink Mon 18-Jul-16 22:42:37

I know that beauticians can pop them out with a tiny cut, but I always pick until they skin breaks and then squeeze them like a spot.

I'm pretty sure that is not recommended.

I have one or two most of the time. Sometimes a few more.

lalaland1985 Mon 18-Jul-16 22:43:21

I always end up with a bleeding cut when i do that. sad

cheeseandmarmite15 Mon 18-Jul-16 23:19:46

As with any squeezed spot, instantly stop any bleeding or oozing with a styptic pencil.

www.amazon.co.uk/Nix-Styptic-Pencil-5g-Packs/dp/B012B6RJ1S/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468880295&sr=8-5&keywords=Styptic+pencil

After holding it on the area for a short time you can apply make up over the top and not be left with the awful cornflake crust where it weeps! The styptic pencil contains alum which instantly stops bleeding and ooze!

ByJupiter Tue 19-Jul-16 17:38:06

I get these a lot. I try to avoid things with mineral oil or Shea butter in and I use a glycolic acid product three times a week.

The thing that really reduced them was something called Alpha H power peel which can be used twice a week - it might work for you. Buy it from QVC as you get a 30day money back guarantee if it doesn't work for you. Mine were reduced by 50% in the sense that they aren't so 'proud' anymore. Some came to the surface more and were easy to scratch out but most reduced in height.

HTH

FatimaLovesBread Tue 19-Jul-16 17:39:40

I've had electrolysis for mine. I had two 15 minute sessions a couple of weeks apart and they worked their way out on their own once dried up

Doobigetta Tue 19-Jul-16 17:56:10

Did they scab, Fatima? I really want rid of mine, but the clinic I went to said I'd have blood blisters for at least a week. There's never going to be a week when I'm either happy to walk around with bloody great blisters, or can get away with hiding until they're gone.

Imnotaslimjim Tue 19-Jul-16 17:57:57

My friend is a beautician and has just trained in removing these. Maybe ask locally if anyone does removal and how much it is?

FatimaLovesBread Wed 20-Jul-16 02:10:35

No they didn't scab at all. Or if they did it was tiny and unnoticeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now