Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Face wipes for holiday - will have no access to water

(8 Posts)
travailtotravel Sun 17-Jul-16 21:12:09

I'm a face washer with a flannel and cleanser and water. It does my skin good. Whenever I use some kind of cleanser and wipe it off, or those face wipes, my skin misbehaves.

We're off to the remote arse end of nowhere on our holibobs. I don't give a monkeys what I look like on these trips which is marvellously liberating, but things don't slip enough to ignore a good face routine. I've been told there are limited showering facilities/water.

What will work but not kill my face in the way of wipes etc?

thereareworsethingsicoulddo Sun 17-Jul-16 21:13:18

Why not try really really mild newborn baby wipes like Water wipes? They're 99% water

KP86 Sun 17-Jul-16 21:17:30

Use bottled water on your face cloth?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 17-Jul-16 21:18:25

Do you really need to wash your face if you're not wearing make up? Would just cotton wool and a mild toner or maybe pre-soaked ones work?

mzS1990 Sun 17-Jul-16 21:18:49

Miccilar(sp) water with some cotton wool is the new 'in' product and it works really good.

travailtotravel Sun 17-Jul-16 21:25:55

I can't guarantee we won't be on rationed water KP86 - I usually buy an extra bottle for a "shower" on these type of trips but water is a big issue in this country and I'd rather ingest than topically apply any rations we might be on.

I'll look out pre soaked pads, interesting idea.

Sellotapewillfixit Sun 17-Jul-16 21:36:38

If water is an issue won't rubbish be an issue too? (Just assuming that if water is scarce it is somewhere that won't have a weekly bin collection). I would prioritise face washing over showering - if the is enough water to contemplate showering then there is enough to wash your face in, maybe by showering slightly less.

travailtotravel Sun 17-Jul-16 21:52:44

Typically, you'd burn any rubbish in the fire sellotape - so wipes would be fine as they'd burn. Plastic things etc not so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now