Talk

Advanced search

Botox!

(16 Posts)
Winealot Sun 17-Jul-16 20:55:32

So, I took the plunge and had Botox 2 and a half weeks ago.....love my fairly line free forehead and very much improved 11's. However, my eyes look peculiar! They look smaller and odd shaped. No one has said anything, but today I saw my sister and she said, omg, your eyes look terrible, you look so tired etc etc.
Hardly the look I was going for! The guy who did it (recommended by a friend who always looks fab) has loads of experience and actually teaches others to administer it. He said to come back in a fortnight for a top up if I wanted to, don't need a top up but am putting off going back in case he makes it worse. Can any of you lovely people give me any advice?
Thank you.

shedragon Sun 17-Jul-16 21:09:13

Go back. Let him have a look. He may not be able to do anything now, but he will know for next time.

I'm not sure where you had Botox, but occasionally if you have it over your eyebrow it can cause to eyebrow to drop a little. This is probably what you mean by your eyes looking smaller? Only happens in a very few people and it's a simple case of avoiding this area next time you have Botox.

Winealot Mon 18-Jul-16 09:32:00

Yes, I think maybe this has happened. Typical it's rare! I hope he can do something as I don't fancy having odd looking eyes for 3 or 4 months!
My husband doesn't know I've had it done either as he's very anti.....hopefully he won't notice anything!
I'm going to ring them in a minute and see if I can go in.
Thanks for the advice.

orangeistheonlyfruit Mon 18-Jul-16 11:40:16

In my experience of having Botox myself it is often the case that symmetry around the eye area is often compromised. Of course the recipient is usually so happy and focuses on their forehead or 11s or whatever they don't notice this. I can now tell a mile off who has has Botox and it creates a strange look if anything. I won't be having it again and I've had a few times before I realised I look much better without it. To me if someone has it it means they are automatically old enough to need it! This makes them seem a lot older than they probably are!

Winealot Mon 18-Jul-16 13:33:27

Thanks Orange, that's interesting you have found that.
So, I went back to the clinic, the dr was a bit dismissive tbh. He said 'it looks OK to me' and 'you did say you wanted to be frozen'. Er, I categorically told him before he did it that I did not want to look 'Frozen', I just wanted my lines to look less lined! FGS, I'm 45 - I'm supposed to have some wrinkles!
He said he gave me quite a big dose 125 and that next time he would give me 90.
Don't think there will be a next time, certainly not with him. Although obviously he has years of experience, have found him a bit cocksure and I don't think he actually listened to me.

He offered to put some more in to try and make it a bit better, but there was no way I was letting him inject anything else in my head!!

Oh well, it will wear off in a few weeks or months and then I will have a rethink. Feel disappointed as it's just not what I thought it would be.

shedragon Mon 18-Jul-16 15:53:50

hmm I would have expected a better response than that Winealot. That's not a great experience for you. Change practitioner.

I agree with you re the frozen look, I hate it and hate the fashion for it. I think the best is where you are left with a little ability to move, the frown expression softened and the face has a more 'rested' look. That isn't the most fashionable look tho.

Def find a new practitioner. And let them know what happened this time.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 18-Jul-16 15:56:41

Is that really the fashion though, shedragon?

I don't know as have never had Botox, but doesn't everybody say they want to look 'natural'? That's what I always see on forums, etc.

Winealot Mon 18-Jul-16 17:33:00

No, I am far from impressed. Apparently, it's more the trend for younger women in their 20's and 30's to ask for the frozen look. I suppose they can get away with it as they are unlikely to have too many other wrinkles! I don't want to be wrinkle free, just wanted my cross mum head to be less! Now I can't look cross even if I wanted to!
I will look for a new practitioner, feel nervous though as this one came recommended so don't know where to start.
Any recommendations for south east London?! Thank you

shedragon Mon 18-Jul-16 17:37:19

My experience is that most younger women (20s and 30s) want the frozen look. Older tend to go for a more natural look. (Maybe that's why I like it!!)

orangeistheonlyfruit Mon 18-Jul-16 18:05:43

I had the frozen look for my 11s as don't have any head wrinkles and I was happy with it but it was the effect it had on the rest of face like eyebrows etc. My right eyebrow and my left would not lift the same way when I raised them. On looking at photos I didn't have the 11s but I just looked weird, definitely less attractive. I do think for this area though getting a subtle look is hard as only when it starts to wear off do you get that subtle look and only for about a week.

shedragon Mon 18-Jul-16 20:05:14

Someone with taste and experience is what you're looking for orangeisthe. Less, more frequently is probably what you need. But that puts up the price.

Winealot Mon 18-Jul-16 21:06:08

Do you have any pointers in how to go about finding someone with taste and experience Shedragon? After my experience with this guy even though he was recommended, I don't know where to start. Thank you

orangeistheonlyfruit Mon 18-Jul-16 23:18:49

Yes she you are maybe right but I think I'm over the whole thing now. Like it's easy to fool the men into thinking you just look good if slightly glacial facially but us women can spot the Botox and fillers a mile off :D for some reason I like to have the respect of the womanhood (never say never tho!) smile

TFIBedtime Tue 19-Jul-16 16:56:43

Where in the country are you wine? I was really nervous about Botox and looking frozen, the person I went to listened and only put a small amount in saying we could top up in a few weeks if necessary.
I really like it. No-one has noticed but the point was I wanted to look less cross and I feel like I do, so I'm happy.
I don't agree that all women can spot it. I think you can spot it if it's extreme or not done particularly well. I've been in conversations with close friends about Botox since I've had it, who would definitely say if they suspected, but so far no one has.
I would try to find another practitioner in your position and go for a very light touch next time.

Winealot Tue 19-Jul-16 19:26:54

I'm SE London/Kent borders TFI. On inspecting my face (for the millionth time!) I think he's just put too much in the middle of my forehead so that bit is completely frozen whereas I can move the outside of my eyebrows.
I wonder if sometimes people's facial anatomy just isn't that compatible with Botox?
Please say you had yours done near me?!

shedragon Tue 19-Jul-16 20:41:01

How do you pick someone? Personal recommendations are best but not always easy to get, some people don't want you to know. And when you find someone, do as TFIBed says, less is more, easy to go back for a top up 2 weeks later. Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you.

No you're not incompatible with Botox!!grin It's just that area that might be slightly different to most people's.

I disagree orange. I think only the iverdone are noticeable. Betcha I could show you 10 nicely Botox-ed women and you'd be hard pushed to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now