Advice on tattoo and/or piercing

(3 Posts)
MichelleNeedsMore Sun 17-Jul-16 12:32:13

Ok first thread I've started on MN - here goes!

Recently split from ex-husband who was controlling /opinionated and didn't want me to get a tattoo, which I very much wanted. It's now been a few months and I'm also wondering about getting a tongue or body piercing. I'm a little worried it may be a rebellion against my ex though mostly I'm excited about the options. Just hoping there may be some others out there who have done this and could offer some advice or guidance. Thank you x

pinkyredrose Mon 18-Jul-16 19:33:18

Hi OP, well done on freeing yourself from the dead weight of your ex! Now you can just be you. Get a piercing or tattoo if that's what you want, I wouldn't even think of it as rebellion against your ex, more that it's representing your new found freedom and your bodily autonomy. Your freedom to express yourself in whichever way you wish.

I've got a few piercings and tattoos done at different stages in my life, some meaningful, some not. Have you any ideas of what you'd like tattooed?

MichelleNeedsMore Wed 27-Jul-16 18:17:41

I was thinking about getting either a rose and thorns design on my wrist (beauty and pain of life) or a Celtic design. I've been away for a week and got my nipple pierced too! Felt very cathartic!! 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now