Camembertie Sat 16-Jul-16 21:36:08

I have about £70 to get ready for holiday, and was thinking:

Eyebrows
Gel toes
File and varnish
Bikini/thigh/lip/chin wax
Spray tan

By visiting beautician

Then DIY shave legs, armpits, serious foot treatment, body scrubs and moisturiser

Is that the best way to do it do you think or are there bits I'm swapping from diy to professional or vice versa. Bikini and eyebrows are non-negotiable though grin

StewardsEnquiry Sat 16-Jul-16 22:20:47

I would get gel toenails and fingernails. And I would skip the spray tan altogether because in my experience it never fades evenlo so a few days into your holidays you will look patchy.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 16-Jul-16 22:51:18

YY, save the money on the spray tan and buy some St Tropez or similar to apply yourself .
I had a spray tan and though it looked nice at the start, you can't use oily showergels after (which would put me off having one done before my holiday as I want to apply sun protection and aftersun).
They last maybe 5-7 days and yes, go patchy.

My DD does her own eyebrow/eyelash dye (she's 14) much cheaper than salon dye.

I bought one of the Sensationails kits but I only used a basecoat so no idea how easy they are to apply.

I do my own waxing - armpits, bikini, 'tasche, epilate on my legs.

Camembertie Sun 17-Jul-16 08:23:10

Thanks, that's good to know about the tan, will just stick to my gradual tan body lotion. I would go with gel finger nails but am away for three weeks and don't know what to do with regrowth?

Thankfully eyelashes are dark so don't need tinting

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sun 17-Jul-16 11:03:38

I would just get a good 'gelly' nail polish then for your finger nails as if you are like me you will stare at actual gels in rage as they grow out then start picking at them obsessively therefore they will look awful/drive you nuts. But perhaps you are normal and thus these things are not an issue for you.

Camembertie Sun 17-Jul-16 11:46:10

Vairy that is exactly me! And many of the photos I've seen look like they're growing out as soon as they've been done!

I'm going to get her to do me some decent nails and buy a good 'gelly' any good brands to watch out for?

Thank you

AdoraBell Sun 17-Jul-16 12:03:40

I abandon nail polish if we go away for more than a weekend. When the twin DDS were still in nappies I forget about my nails and got a withering look from a French sales person. It didn't make me feel bad, but I did decide to leave them bare in future.

StewardsEnquiry Sun 17-Jul-16 12:56:08

I need nail varnish on at all times or I feel ungroomed. I can't recommend a brilliant gelly one but the Nails Inc version is hopeless so I would say definitely not that one. I see many brands have launched gelly colours and gelly topcoat to go with so maybe one of those combos?

StewardsEnquiry Sun 17-Jul-16 12:58:02

I also recommend getting your cuticles really sorted out before you go - that makes all polishes look better. If you can do that yourself then do but I always get the salon to do it for me.

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sun 17-Jul-16 15:26:15

I have a sally hansen one and a rimmel one (both come as two bottles), about £9 for the two rimmel bottles together. come off v easily with normal polish. Have seen people say vg things about dior.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now