Hot weather dressing that isn't short, strappy or boring?

(20 Posts)
puglife15 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:46:45

I need inspiration PLIZZ. Gonna be 28° in London next week. I live in skinnies...

GO GO GO

amarmai Sat 16-Jul-16 12:14:24

H&M , Zara,Top Shop,......

Lucked Sat 16-Jul-16 12:16:56

Midi dress with flat sandals?

Lucked Sat 16-Jul-16 12:19:05

warehouse but I hate the sandals on the model, I would wear saltwater sandals.

blue2014 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:23:30

Light material cigarette style trousers

ZaraW Sat 16-Jul-16 18:04:09

Cotton shirtdress

specialsubject Sat 16-Jul-16 20:02:29

lucked see what you mean about the sandals, no wonder she looks so miserable!

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sat 16-Jul-16 20:34:57

Denim shorts, Bardot top and saltwaters if not working that's what I'll be wearing

Cotton shirt with harem type trousers ie thin material and varying smartness of sandal

The dread Boden-ruched-skirt-with-uniqlo-slouch-tee combo (thanks mners)

Cotton dress, flip flops, work shoes in handbag

puglife15 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:31:18

Excellent, I have a shirt dress and it's cotton. Win. I'd like a midi dress as well.

Agree, those shoes on the warehouse model are awful!

I have Saltwaters so footwear is sorted.

What's this infamous uniqlo slouch tee you speak of? I don't do ruched skirts though, I feel like I'm on TOWIE (something to do with my body shape I think as they look nice on others)

My legs are way too pasty and cellulitey for short shorts. I might try to fake tan them tomorrow... Do you need to exfoliate using a proper product or would a flannel scrub be ok? Haven't done it in years and my skin is considerably scalier these days...

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sat 16-Jul-16 22:02:30

this one but maybe all sold out. Surprisingly flattering

Hmm, I hate short shorts too - I have surprisingly nice longer ones (wider legged, turn ups) from m&s. Can't you just buy cheap skinnies or slims from primark, tkmaxx or wheerever and cut at knee, and turn up? With Superga type shoes and floaty top, big glasses.

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sat 16-Jul-16 22:03:28

Scrub skin with flannel, or handful of bog standard salt in your shower gel vg.

puglife15 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:32:56

Yeah I could do that with shorts - I'll have a look at my old jeans to see if I can repurpose any. Good idea!

puglife15 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:35:26

I actually have a pair of beautifully fitting 7 for all Mankind bootcut jeans (from the first time around!) I never wear.

Would it be insanity to cut them up? They're in really good condition, wondering i I'd be better to sell them and get £ to buy shorts and possibly something else...

They are low waist is only problem, I prefer high waist these days to hold it all in.

Nettletheelf Sat 16-Jul-16 22:52:51

Just wear them with a long top. I cut jeans 2 inches below the knee, roll them over twice and Le voila, perfect length.

That warehouse frock will crease horribly (viscose).

puglife15 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:56:09

I need to learn which fabrics crease, or not. I like wearing cotton in hot weather anyway.

Kr1stina Sat 16-Jul-16 23:10:02

Ha! I have that uniqlo tee shirt in 4 colours and I didn't even know it was famous on MN. At last I am " on trend"

< snort >

MountainDweller Sat 16-Jul-16 23:35:42

Linen trousers and sleeveless cotton shirt works for me.

Or knee length a-line jersey dress (I have a couple from Monsoon from last year and year before). These are bliss because there is nothing making me sweaty around the waist!

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sat 16-Jul-16 23:36:46

You'd be better making a skirt with the seven bootcut jeans but that is complex and needs a machine and some sewing skill. Skinnies or slims prob better? Hada, I just slashed the knees of some primarni skinnies and took down the hem - need washed a few more times but does work!

Kr1 you are a clearly a fashion icon of course star

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Sat 16-Jul-16 23:37:33

Hada!? HaHA! Though that doesn't make sense either now I read it.

Kr1stina Sun 17-Jul-16 07:55:34

Thank you caterpillar

< accepts award gracefully >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now