Talk

Advanced search

Interview - dress that requires some MN styling please

(8 Posts)
ChippyMinton Fri 15-Jul-16 17:35:37

I'd appreciate some suggestion on my interview outfit dilemma.
I'll be wearing a plain black knee-length 'workwear' dress, which has cap sleeves and a high-ish round neckline. Dress is lovely, but I need to cover my arms, and with a black jacket on, there's just too much black!

Should I accessorise to break up the solid colour or look for a different colour jacket?

similar dress
jacket

And what colour tights please? Shoes are black patent,

puglife15 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:49:28

Grey jacket, nude tights is what I'd probably do.

flowery Fri 15-Jul-16 19:54:08

Black looks hideous on me but I do sometimes wear a similar navy blue worky dress, which I either wear with a bright green or bright pink jacket (both colours that really suit me, unlike the navy which is acceptable but not my best colour). Or a little cropped cardigan in a similar bright colour.

ChippyMinton Fri 15-Jul-16 19:58:49

I tried dress on with a purple cropped cardi, but thought it might not be serious enough for interview?
Grey jacket is a good idea.

Pinkvici22 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:59:35

What is the job? I think that would make a big difference.

In my field of work, I would go for black jacket and dress, nude tights and a tan bag. Accessorised with some jewellery but subtle jewellery.

I can wear black though so I guess it also depends on your colouring.

ChippyMinton Fri 15-Jul-16 20:14:14

Don't want to say, but middle management would cover it.
I wear a lot of black but usually a lower neck so black is not right next to my face.
Maybe the dress isn't quite right. It is an otherwise flattering cut confused

I should be fretting about the interview but first impressions and all that!

hecallsmebunny Fri 15-Jul-16 20:20:54

Would it suit a subtle touch of pattern/colour with a sleeveless top with collar inside? Or a light scarf?

ChippyMinton Fri 15-Jul-16 21:18:28

A scarf could work...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now