Anyone had a Heidi Klein swimsuit?

(10 Posts)
Stanley38 Thu 14-Jul-16 14:13:31

I recently started a thread about bikinis and the general consensus was that I wouldn't find much better than Seafolly and so I am sticking with them :-)

What about swimsuits though? I absolutely LOVE one on the Heidi Klein website (think it's called Nantucket). They are pricey, but so is Seafolly and I don't mind paying it for a high quality suit that will last many summers without fading/ going out of shape etc.

Any experiences? Sizing, quality etc

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Thu 14-Jul-16 18:37:44

Bumping as keen to know!

mypinkmonkey Thu 14-Jul-16 18:56:15

I bought a Heidi Klein swimsuit earlier this year - Carolina I think it's called. Expensive but a great fit and excellent quality. Have worn it a few times and I think it will last a while. I also have a Melissa Odabash swimsuit which I bought two years ago - that's still going strong as well. I have DD/E boobs and I like to wear a halter neck and both are designed very well for a flattering fit.

somethingerudite Thu 14-Jul-16 19:17:20

I have Heidi Klein swimwear - a one-piece and a bikini (both from a few seasons ago) and I absolutely love them both. I am a curvy size 10/12 and wanted lots of lift / support and smoothing / streamlining. Yes it's expensive (although I usually look out for their sales as I figure swimwear doesn't really go out of style from one season to another) but it really does make a difference - the fabrics they use in particular just seem to kind of 'suck you in'. I have some Melissa Odabash bikinis too but I find they don't have the support / aren't as good at staying put... Maybe I just chose the wrong styles though..

Stanley38 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:04:02

That's enough persuasion for me! Squeeee- excited!

VairyVAIRYhungrycaterpillar Thu 14-Jul-16 20:27:14

Squee here too, think it's the Carolina that I have pinned so this is good news.

Stanley38 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:41:59

How do the sizes run? I would usually be UK 6-8 in tops and 8-10 in bottoms. Heidi Klein says XS is 6-8 and S is 8-10. Probably S, I'm thinking?

somethingerudite Thu 14-Jul-16 21:41:40

I've got a thing about anything that might cut in (although to be fair this is one of the things I like most about posh swimmers is that they go out of their way to ensure no unsightly bulges) so I would always err on the larger side, but one thing I have noticed with HK one-pieces is that they come up quite long in the body so if you're short, you should take this into account. I was thinking next time round I will go for a halterneck style for maximum 'hoiking'(!!)

Stanley38 Thu 14-Jul-16 22:07:28

Thank you, Erudite! This is really helpful.

shirkingworking Tue 26-Jul-16 15:57:18

Wow - just bought two (I know, I know...) Heidi Klein bikinis. Amazing. I am v flat chested and the "enhance" ones are lovely. Plus the bottoms are very flattering. I almost look hour-glass-ish (after three kids). Tempted to go for a swimsuit now too but that would break the bank, I fear.

I'm an 8 normally in tops (30b/c) and XS was too small in the Enhance push-up style top. Had to go for a S. But they say those tops come up small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now