Talk

Advanced search

Help me (please!) accessorise this dress

(10 Posts)
INeverFinishAnythi Thu 14-Jul-16 12:18:48

I'm going to a wedding next month, but I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks right before so I'm trying hard to get my outfit sorted before I go, as I will only have 2 days after I get back.

I've found a dress. And I love it, so that's the difficult bit over. Or so I thought! But now I have no idea what to wear it with! I need shoes, most importantly, a bag and I guess maybe some jewellery. Don't want to spend a fortune. Can wear high wedges or heels with platform toes but can't walk in really high heels where the arch is too steep. And I've no idea whether to try and match the colour of the dress, or contrast, or.... No good at this stuff!

Here is the dress: Dress

Any thoughts appreciated!

amarmai Thu 14-Jul-16 13:15:57

Delicate silver jewelry, blush or pale grey for shoes and clutch.If the high heels also have a platform sole , they won't have the high arch.Lovely dress!

blushrush Thu 14-Jul-16 13:54:14

Gorgeous dress!

With the neckline it has, I would skip a necklace and go for a delicate bracelet and earrings instead:
Bracelet

Earrings

Clutch bag with delicate strap

Kitten heel sandals

Voila!

Nogravyforyou Thu 14-Jul-16 13:59:25

Nude or grey wedges to with that colour. ( Its fab by the way! )

Agree with PP, no need for necklace, some delicate silver drop earrings and a simple bracelet.

A clutch bag in either grey or nude to match the shoes.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 14-Jul-16 14:30:37

I'd go for silver accessories or mint green would be nice.

polyhymnia Thu 14-Jul-16 14:43:46

Grey or silver accessories.

Stanley38 Thu 14-Jul-16 14:51:51

Soft grey and pink is always so nice together. If you get the bag and shoes sorted, I actually don't think you need to worry too much about jewellery with that dress. If you have a favourite small silver bracelet and earrings I think that would be fine.

INeverFinishAnythi Fri 15-Jul-16 14:04:50

Thank you so much everyone, that's really helped and I think you're all right about the grey. I have some ridiculously high but amazingly comfy heels in black, going to try and find them in grey if I can as they're so comfy.

Now to not put too much holiday weight on 😱😂

FMAngel Fri 15-Jul-16 21:38:50

Re holiday weight just drink a lot of water before meals. It will make you feel full so you don't eat as muchsmile

EccentricPickle Fri 15-Jul-16 21:45:07

Ooh, that's a beautiful dress! You'll look fab!

I haven't got much to add but yes, I think grey/silver will look gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now