Talk

Advanced search

Help to dress an in UK for 3 weeks in August

(1 Post)
Muffster Wed 13-Jul-16 19:00:07

I am an expat housewife/carer in tropics where it's 29-31 degrees all year round. After 5 years here am finally visiting UK in August. My 365 day uniform is yoga clothing, or denim shorts with T shirts or occasionally Indian hippie pants, or linen pants, or Bermudas with a fitted cotton top. Footwear is Birkenstocks. I have a pair of trainers and a thin cotton tracksuit with hoodie, and one pair of 3/4 length jeans. I am clearly going to be cold and underdressed in UK. Oh, I have an ancient Barbour jacket from when I lived in UK that I can't bear to part with (bought in 1989grin) and some pashmina scarf things and a dark denim jacket with wool lining.

What jeans are people wearing? Desperately need new pair - prefer boot cut dark denim but no idea if that's fashionable or laughable now.
Can I get away with layering vests, T shirts and a cotton hoodie with jeans?

What shoes/trainers/kicks are people wearing with jeans and what is the best sort of cool wet summer day coverup? I don't want to spend much as I won't get to wear this stuff again unless it's for a holiday.

I am 45 years old, 5'7 and a UK size 10.
Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now