I want to cut all my hair off and bleach it

(12 Posts)
FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 13:50:36

Here's a pic of me and my hair and the cut I like, but I'm thinking I'd like it proper bleach as well. I'm not going to attempt to do it myself!

Just canvassing opinions at this point, I have a hairdressers appointment 6 August and will probably change my mind half a dozen times.

I wear my hair curly all the time, have no greys, and normally have an inverted bob (which I guess this still is).

Erm....anything else which you might think is relevant just ask! I am losing weight and have recently lost a chin (hooray!) which may have some bearing on why I want something a bit more drastic.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 13:51:00

(OK the pic of me is last but you get what I mean!)

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jul-16 15:28:04

I don't see why not. If you're planning to go very short, make sure you like your ears and the shape of your head!
You could go for length on top sort of falling forwards and short back and sides so it's more versatile?
The other thing with short hair is that it needs regular trims say every 5 wks to keep its shape.
I would get it cut first and then bleach but if it's dark to start with, you might need to bleach twice to lift it to the shade you want and it needs to be in good nick to handle that.

Congratulations on your weight loss. smile

lifeofdino Wed 13-Jul-16 17:04:45

I went very short and bleached a few years ago. The downsides were that it took a couple of weeks before it looked quite right, freshly done it was too much and it wasn't until a tiny bit of regrowth appeared that I liked it, then on course it only stayed like that for a couple of weeks before it needed doing again.
I also found the bleach really harsh and my head felt itchy for 2 weeks afterwards.
I've also found that the first time you go very short the cut is often good, but finding hairdresser that could do a good short hair cut from already fairly short hair is tricky.
In the end I grew it back out and and tried a few other different options instead...

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 17:23:28

Thanks both!

I have nice small ears and have recently had a couple of piercings so I'd quite like to show them off tbh. The shape of my head is nice, I have some horrible cysts but my hair will still cover them. I'm plucking up the courage to get my doc to remove them but I'm too vain to shave where they are!

I think I might get the cut and leave the colour for now. I'm going on holiday two weeks after my appointment and thinking about it, I'll probably need more than one appointment so don't really want half done hair when I go.

Hoping the hairdresser will be good, I haven't had my hair cut since November.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 13-Jul-16 17:29:28

My tip would be to show them a couple of photos of what you want, preferably from different angles as it's really hard to explain a haircut in words.
Hope it goes well.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 17:31:15

Oh god I'll definitely show them loads of pics!

MiddleClassProblem Wed 13-Jul-16 17:32:01

Worst case you grow it out and dye it back. Go for it x

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 17:55:44

That's my thinking as well Middle. It's only hair.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 17:56:00

(And I'm not skinning my head or anything!)

Idontknowwhoiam Wed 13-Jul-16 17:57:17

I did it and was so glad I did... I wore it for a few months then when I found out bin was pregnant decided to grow it so I would be able to tie it back!
I just went in and told them I wanted an pixie cut and let them get on with it.
A good hair dresser will cut your hair to your features.

MadSprocker Wed 13-Jul-16 18:05:11

I did exactly that, and loved it. My hair is a totally different texture though (straight and fine). It does grow out if you don't like it, and you can always re dye it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now