Talk

Advanced search

Jumpsuits: talk me through them.

(15 Posts)
ledgeoffseason Tue 12-Jul-16 23:30:19

Basically, I want one, but I'm scared of them. I'm very tall and currently size 14 with mumtum as have six month old baby. Should I just wait until I drop a size and tone up the tummy? Are they flattering or do you need to be in top shape to carry them off? Will they just give me camel toe as I'm tall? Where to buy from? Shopping time limited so need direction. But all the feckers on my (artsy, London) insta/Twitter feeds are wearing them at their (artsy/London) parties. I am jealous.

orangebird69 Tue 12-Jul-16 23:32:38

Hoe tall are you?

herecomesthsun Wed 13-Jul-16 07:52:17

How strong is your pelvic floor? They are awkward to get in and out of going to the loo, I wanted comfy easy stuff in the early baby days.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 13-Jul-16 13:36:27

In terms of size, no you're fine. Don't know about height as I'm not tall, and I would agree that you need to make sure you can get in and out of it quickly.

I have this one in a size 14, and while I love the way it looks on it is an absolute bastard getting it on and off. Also I wear a vest top under it as it literally gapes to the waist on my big boobs.

nilbyname Wed 13-Jul-16 13:38:04

I love them and have 4!!!

Just order a tall one from top shopper asos.

ledgeoffseason Wed 13-Jul-16 20:20:42

I'm 5'11. Pelvic floor is all right actually but yeah hadn't even thought about the getting in and out of them angle! Asos tall VG IDEA thank you. Also saw a few on m&s that I liked and may investigate, surely they'd be nice and forgiving!

nilbyname Wed 13-Jul-16 20:25:58

Going for a wee can be an issue but I just feel so put together when I wear one.

Glitterbug76 Wed 13-Jul-16 20:35:32

I don't comment much but had to when saw this thread !! You will never go back to dresses lol !! I'm only 4ft 11 but if your tall short they suit most people ! If it's for a special occasion I like m and s they do tall too, they have sale at min, Dotty p also good and like some one said Asos , I've worn them to a wedding and the races coast do some nice ones but a bit dear for me X

ledgeoffseason Wed 13-Jul-16 21:20:06

glitteri am honoured that you delurked to comment! starchocolate

CleopatraCominAtcha Wed 13-Jul-16 22:22:40

I am a size 16 in fairly shoddy nick and love mine - black, crepey, with sleeves, wide legged, from H&M so comically long on me in bare feet. Have to wear very big wedges. Get one with pockets and stand around with your hands in them looking insouciant. It's great.

ledgeoffseason Wed 13-Jul-16 23:08:15

God I love a bit of insouciance. This is amazing, a whole new world is opening up.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 14-Jul-16 19:57:59

Oh god YES! The pockets are great.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 14-Jul-16 20:00:22

How do you wee in them? Do you have to take the whole thing off, or is there a bum/crotch flap?

Runningupthathill82 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:04:42

One of my friends recently wore a brightly printed jumpsuit to a wedding we were at. She's a size 16, 5ft 8 ish, recently had a baby.
She looked AMAZING - arguably the best dressed woman in the room. Comfortable but effortlessly stylish.
And she was the one giving it some on the dancefloor while most of us were holding our bellies in, due to the unforgiving dresses, and wishing we were dressed like her. Go for it OP!

CoolToned Thu 14-Jul-16 20:56:27

I think they look really good on pear-shaped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now