Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant and frumpy - make me over

(2 Posts)
Captainkanga Tue 12-Jul-16 21:58:36

I'm 27, pregnant with my first child and I've never felt frumpier! I lost a lot of weight for fertility treatment before getting pregnant and I feel like I've completely lost my way. I have no idea what I like/ should be wearing and I'm irrationally worried that I'm going to be a frumpy embarrassment to my child ( hello pregnancy hormones..)

I'm thinking some nice maternity clothes, new make up, a haircut, eyebrow waxing and a manicure. I'm crap at doing hair and make up - where do I start?

Looking for style ideas for after the baby arrives in November too. Total transformation!

TheLittlestBear Tue 12-Jul-16 23:51:08

Congratulations! Get a pair of dark skinny jeans (over bump - mothercare do good ones). And you can get some kinda nice tops cheapy in H and M mama range. I wore this outfit every day with a variation of different necklaces and scarfs. And carry a big bag. And a baggy cardigan. But a nice one.
I was fat before pregnancy, got down to ideal weight and then got pregnant. But dark colours made me feel thin and elegant smile And yes to getting manicure. I had gel nails done a couple of times to cheer myself up when feeling frumpy. (not now, long nails and baby poop is not a good mix)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now