Talk

Advanced search

Summer shoes suitable for in the rain

(7 Posts)
Masketti Tue 12-Jul-16 13:21:47

Today I'm wearing a dress and leggings (don't tell the MN fashion police grin) but regularly wear just dresses as it's not cold just rainy (today is a bit colder hence the leggings) I've been wearing sandle flip flops because my theory is my feet will dry quicker than shoes but I've had a few people comment and so I wondered what I'm supposed to be wearing? All my ballet pumps leak in the rain and it's too warm for trainers. I'm stumped!

Mirandawest Tue 12-Jul-16 13:23:33

I wear my saltwater sandals. They are happy in the rain. No one makes any comments or at least I haven't heard them anyway.

DubiousCredentials Tue 12-Jul-16 13:24:38

I usually wear pumps if it isn't raining heavily. But I stick the wellies on if it's chucking it down at school drop off/pickup time. Meh.

A lot of people I see follow your philosophy on wearing flip flops when it's wet though!

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Tue 12-Jul-16 14:16:24

I was going to suggest Saltwater sandals too. A friend has a pair in red and I covet them. They're happy in the sea - as the name suggests, so a little bit of rain won't hurt them.

Masketti Tue 12-Jul-16 18:08:45

I shall have a Google search for Saltwater sandals (not sandles autocorrect!)

23positionsina1nightstand Tue 12-Jul-16 22:33:53

Another Saltwater fan here. Mine are navy, but I want them in all possible colours.

Mirandawest Tue 12-Jul-16 22:49:01

I have shiny purple and shiny red smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now