Is bioderma the best micellar water for sensitive reactive skin?

(8 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 12-Jul-16 12:53:50

That's it smile

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Tue 12-Jul-16 12:55:25

I haven't tried Bioderma, but Avene makes a good one

bluebloom Tue 12-Jul-16 12:56:08

I haven't tried Bioderma as it's quite expensive, but I like the Garnier one. The one with the pink top sometimes irritates my eyes, but I recently started using the oil infused one & it's great, smells lovely too. I always cleanse with something else after, but it gets rid of my make up really well.

Indecisivejo Tue 12-Jul-16 13:02:35

Avene and the garnier oil one are fragranced so I can't use it. The fragrance free garnier one (pink) irritated me

Carpaccio Tue 12-Jul-16 13:12:36

It is supposed to be good for sensitive skin.

However, my experience generally with micellar water is that they just remove some of the makeup, not all of it, and therefore not leaving the skin clean.
I only use micellar water for correcting mistakes, such as when doing my eyeliner or if I change my mind about lipstick after I've applied it.

Micellar water also seems to struggle with long wearing products and mascara IMO.

I'd personally use something that cleans all of the makeup off if looking for a proper makeup remover. I like cleansing balms - Clinique has one which is fragrance free. If looking for a cleanser, I'd suggest Cetaphil (it doesn't remove makeup well IMO, but I like to use it in the morning).

Indecisivejo Tue 12-Jul-16 13:15:52

I have a cleanser I like but wanted something other than a balm for a first cleanse

XiCi Tue 12-Jul-16 13:19:06

Yes, it's the ideal PH for your skin so won't strip it, unlike the garnier one. I've been using Bioderma for years now and love it

dragonsarebest Tue 12-Jul-16 13:23:36

What XiCi said. The Garnier irritated me but I can't remember which version it was. Haven't tried any others after that because I'm very happy with Bioderma. The original version works best for me, the ones for oily/dry skin weren't as effective imo.

I use it as a first cleanse only and follow up with a non-foaming face wash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now