Dress needed

(9 Posts)
Tactfulcactus Mon 11-Jul-16 20:27:18

I need a dress! Mid calf, v or scoop neck. Fitted to waist then a bit more flowy. Navy -or maybe deep pink/purply-mauve. Can be plain or patterned (but subtle, not cabbage roses or pheasants!). Jersey or soft fabric. Could be sleeveless, short or 3/4 - not long sleeves.
Basically something I can just put on and feel comfortable in but smart enough to feel (and look!) I've made an effort if I go out for a meal or something. I mainly live in jeans but want something to look a bit smarter - I am going out for lunch for a friends significant birthday and have a few other things coming up. I can't wear heels , so live in converse or flipflops in the summer and boots in the winter! But have some smartish flat pumps.
Spent ages last week looking in White Stuff, John Lewis, Monsoon, fat face, .
Any suggestions welcome! Have a good range of shops and plan to go and look tomorrow - would rather try on than order online.

herecomesthsun Mon 11-Jul-16 21:30:44

anthropologie navy

burnishedsilver Mon 11-Jul-16 21:40:51

Boden should have something to offer if you go for their plain colours.

storynanny Mon 11-Jul-16 21:42:33

Nice dresses similar to your description in Hobbs outlet last week

lasermum Mon 11-Jul-16 21:44:26

Also try the website Spirito.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 11-Jul-16 21:53:15

As above try Boden, they have just launched their latest collection and a number seem to fit the bill.

Tactfulcactus Tue 12-Jul-16 08:16:02

Thank you for your suggestions. I like the Anthropologie dress.
Can't see anything that grabs me on Boden. Spirito - is that the same as Artigiano?
Going shopping today so I'll see if I can find anything to try on!

lasermum Wed 13-Jul-16 21:46:55

Yes sorry it is Spirito Artigiano. They have a number of dresses that fit your brief.

building2016 Wed 13-Jul-16 23:41:57

I bought this recently and love it.

Next navy shift

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now