Talk

Advanced search

Best Bra for DD+?

(22 Posts)
whiteonesugar Mon 11-Jul-16 11:16:59

I currently own 2 Freya deco bras, which are good, but I have lost about a stone since buying them and think i've gone down a cup size. So before i go and buy the same one again, does anyone have an recommendations? I think I'm 32E now.

I am also after good nude strapless, I have a black wonderbra one which is great, but again would love reccs!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 11-Jul-16 11:32:41

Loving Bravissimo's Satine. They are plunge but so comfy, nice shape, NOT push up but because of the plunge you can wear it under any top.

WalkingZed Mon 11-Jul-16 11:38:24

I used to wear the deco bra but have recently been measured again this style is much more flattering
Starts in dd

WalkingZed Mon 11-Jul-16 11:40:54

this for the strapless one

I've been searching for a fab strapless bra for years and I have to say this is perfect.

whiteonesugar Mon 11-Jul-16 11:42:31

Brill, thanks, will pop to Boux when i get a chance and get them to measure me!

poppym12 Mon 11-Jul-16 11:51:37

I find the Debenhams gorgeous range to be quite good. I can often find a good fit there. I have a couple of freya decos too and oddly enough, the Debenhams brand is very similar grin (I'm a 32f but sometimes ff in certain styles).

Diddlydokey Mon 11-Jul-16 11:53:09

www.amazon.co.uk/Panache-Womens-Idina-Balconnet-Everyday/dp/B00BXA6FGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468234370&sr=8-1&keywords=panache+idina

bluebiro Mon 11-Jul-16 12:04:16

I would go to Bravissimo for measuring or do it yourself (as described here thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html) - I've heard that Boux Avenue aren't that great at measuring (using the old +4" nonsense).

leedy Mon 11-Jul-16 12:13:31

Best bra totally depends on your shape! I'm a 32DD/E but I'm very wide/shallow which means that bras that are the wrong shape manage to both gape and dig into me. I get on OK with (some) Decos, though, so maybe some of my other favourites might work - I wear a lot of Cleo bras, particularly Maddie (balconette) and Koko (plunge). Bravissimo own-brand half cups are really nice too.

I also have a tragic Mimi Holliday plunge bra addiction, though their cups are very shallow, you might need to play around with sizing. They're also not cheap so keep an eye out for sales.

Waffles80 Mon 11-Jul-16 19:02:12

Prima Donna one from Rigby and Peller is absolutely the best bra I have ever owned.

Absolutely agree leedy, you can't really say whether a particular bra is "good" because it depends so much on the shape of the wearer, and Deco seems to suit quite a wide range of people so it's hard to say from just liking Deco what would otherwise suit.

KittyB52 Mon 11-Jul-16 19:47:01

I like Bravissimo's Satine, but I still prefer the Debenham's gorgeous range - I find the balcony style suit me best.

I am still looking for the holy grail bra which hoiks up my FFs without giving me quad boobs AND doesn't show under clothes. Ideally with minimum padding and will make me a cuppa in the morning.

sleepwhenidie Mon 11-Jul-16 19:55:13

Mine is Wacoal moulded cup Embrace thirst bra. I also managed to find a well fitting racer back (front fastening) one that I had been hunting for for ages, DKNY.

sleepwhenidie Mon 11-Jul-16 19:55:36

Thirst = t shirt grin

SauvignonPlonker Mon 11-Jul-16 22:10:35

I find Fantasie a better fit than Freya; their balconette t-shirt smoothing bra is my all-time favourite - it only comes in black & nude (not white). There seem to be 2 similar types, one slightly padded & another not - the padded one is the one I have.

I've got an Ultimo t-shirt bra in white - it's not a brand I've bought before but was pleasantly surprised. I got it in Fraser's, which also stocks the Fantasie balconette.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Mon 11-Jul-16 22:17:56

Prima Donna one from Rigby and Peller is absolutely the best bra I have ever owned.

^^this. They are stunning bras, beautifully made.

waffle - 30% cheaper generally on Jolie Lingerie on line btw...wink

Stokey Tue 12-Jul-16 11:38:35

Rigby & Peller don't do small backs. They advised me to spend another £10 having a £50 bra altered to fit my 28" back angry

I would also like to know what strapless bras people recommend?

SuperFlyHigh Tue 12-Jul-16 11:40:55

Freya deco is quite good as a strapless.

I am wearing another brand recommended and will look at lunchtime and post here...

The wonderbra strapless is excellent, it starts at a 30 but it does run small in the band so is well worth trying.

Other good options are the Freya deco, panache porcelain and Curvy Kate Luxe

WhereAreWeNow Tue 12-Jul-16 11:43:38

I really like the Panache Porcelain plunge t-shirt bra. Works much better for me (30E/F wide and shallow) than Freya Deco. I find the Rosie range at M&S surprisingly good too if you want something pretty/silky. The silk padded plunge is nice and usually goes into sales for about £15.

Umblubblub Tue 12-Jul-16 11:48:39

Curvy Kate strapless bra (mine was from Bravissimo)
I'm a 34 FF and have never found a strapless bra that could hold everything up, look good and be comfortable, until now! It withstood me jumping up and down on the dance floor which is nothing short of a miracle. Plus it's so comfortable I wear it as a day bra with the straps on too.

SuperFlyHigh Tue 12-Jul-16 11:54:44

I'm going to try the Curvy Kate Strapless when next in Bravissimo as got great reviews and I'm not enamoured with Freya Deco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now