Greenish highlights?!! What do I do?

(9 Posts)
MarksandSpencerfoodjunkie Sun 10-Jul-16 19:14:12

Had ash highlights at the hairdressers six weeks ago. They were a bit too ash so I toned them down with a brown colour conditioner- well now that's faded out, it's light again but looking a bit green. I've not used any permanent or semi permanent colour on it. So what can I use on it that washes out but won't make it dark? I'm going to grow it out a bit as we are going abroad in the school summer holidays - so will wait till September to have roots done if I can bear it! Advice please

gingerbreadmanm Sun 10-Jul-16 19:15:24

Tomato sauce allegedly.

Just5minswithDacre Sun 10-Jul-16 19:21:41

Yes, ketchup. Leave it on for an hour.

TheresAlwaysTimeForTea Sun 10-Jul-16 19:31:33

Agree with ketchup. Make sure it's Heinze as it has no artificial colours. The red neutralises the green. Good luck

MarksandSpencerfoodjunkie Sun 10-Jul-16 20:27:53

Oh cool! Thanks guys - will try it tomorrow evening and report back xx

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 10-Jul-16 20:34:05

Tomato sauce is meant to take the green out if you swim in chlorinated water, too.

gingerbreadmanm Sun 10-Jul-16 20:34:08

Good luck. Failing that,will be a bit of internet research but ive found wella colour charm toners to be amazing and easy enough to buy from amazon / ebay. Not sure what colour your would need but a bit of googling would soon tell you.

MarksandSpencerfoodjunkie Tue 12-Jul-16 13:11:44

The charm toners need mixing - I 'm not messing about with colours that need chemistry ginger - feel that is hairdresser territory. The ketchup has not worked....

gingerbreadmanm Tue 12-Jul-16 13:14:06

You can't go too wrong with them and they fade off if you did haha! I'm sure it's just 1 part colour charm toner - 2 parts peroxide.

i did mine not long ago and used the whole bottle but because you're hair is wet when you put it on and it lathers up like shampoo you would easy get two goes out of it (even though the bottle is tiny!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now