Talk

Advanced search

Help, need name for an undergarment

(11 Posts)
ingeniousidiot Sun 10-Jul-16 01:12:11

Ok, it's not stylish or beautiful, but I saw a 'thing' in one of those newpaper inserts. It was like a small shrug type garment, to be worn underneath a vest top to cover scary arms. It was quite tight and fitted/clipped together under your bra.

I have no idea what it/they are called and where I might buy one? It basically just adds short sleeves to your top without the bulk/heat of wearing a t-shirt.

shockandawe Sun 10-Jul-16 01:16:17

I've seen a long sleeve version, called Sleecrets?

JohnCheese Sun 10-Jul-16 01:58:21

Wingz??

pippinandtog Sun 10-Jul-16 08:57:39

Also try ifonlyithadsleeves.com

ingeniousidiot Sun 10-Jul-16 12:35:08

Thank you - I've ordered some 'wingz' and mourned my youth.

WicksEnd Sun 10-Jul-16 18:15:46

Armery' by Mary portas too. (Well I remember seeing it when she first launched her brand so not sure if still available )

MrsLogicFromViz Sun 10-Jul-16 18:17:17

There seemed to be a few issues with the small sizing of Mary Portas' Armery Range I seem to recall.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sun 10-Jul-16 18:19:35

shock I didn't even know this was a thing. It's genius. I'm off to buy twelve one now.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 10-Jul-16 18:36:40

Don't know what its called, but they have been available in Boots recently. My daughter pointed out that you can actually a similar result with a pair of fishnet tights, with the crotch split and over your head iuswim. Apparently Goths have been doing it for yonks

ingeniousidiot Wed 13-Jul-16 19:35:39

They're here and they're fab - I have holiday vest tops that never see the light of day in the UK - and now they can. Will report back when I've worn it for the whole day, but seems fairly secure and has perfect coverage.

CMOTDibbler Wed 13-Jul-16 19:52:55

I love my Wingz - I wear them a lot when dressed formally for work as I can ring the changes on a sleeveless dress with solid or lace sleeves instead of a cardi. Mine never shift around, and I like that you don't see them at all at the neck or back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now