Talk

Advanced search

How do you know what foundation shade you are?

(12 Posts)
OhHolyFuck Sat 09-Jul-16 21:33:29

Boots have a good deal on the max factor face finity foundation but I've never bought it before (or practically any tbh, I'm rubbish at make up)

How do you know what shade you are? 'Warm almond' means nothing to me...

OhHolyFuck Sat 09-Jul-16 21:33:54

Oh the deal if anyone wants it is Face Finity Foundation is down to £9.99 and 3 for 2. If you add three of the same shade the price goes down to £16.98. You will also get Max Factor gift set containing full size: False Lash Effect Mascara, Masterpiece Colour Precision Eye Shadow, Colour Elixir Lipstick and Glossfinity Nail Varnish

ceeveebee Sat 09-Jul-16 21:34:55

I would always test a colour before buying it - can you not get to a store?

NeedACleverNN Sat 09-Jul-16 21:40:18

I go for the palest one possible and then test it on my hand. I'm usually right. Sometimes I need a shade darker but I don't need anything dark as I am naturally very pale

SirChenjin Sat 09-Jul-16 21:44:22

I bit the bullet and went to the Estee Lauder counter (my first ever trip to a counter in 47 years!) after getting it wrong on many occasions - the lovely man tested out a few and got it spot on.

OhHolyFuck Sat 09-Jul-16 21:45:13

I can pick it up in store and then ask the max factor assistantant if it the right one?

didireallysaythat Sat 09-Jul-16 22:00:49

I got myself colour matched by no.7 and then there's a website that tells you one what a foundation called in one brand is called in another brand. Can't remember what the website (found it by Google) but it was accurate for me.

SnoopDoggyDogg Sat 09-Jul-16 22:03:20

They always have testers of it in Boots so you can try it out before you buy. Some shades are quite limited stock though and they don't usually have every colour of Facefinity in store.

OliveBranchCollins Sat 09-Jul-16 22:53:03

findation.com

Paramiribella Sat 09-Jul-16 22:55:59

Cour tested at boots and bought the one they suggested and the cream and the eye wrinkle thing. They saw me coming

homebythesea Sun 10-Jul-16 08:10:33

If I go for a different brand than usual I take the current bottle with me, match that to new bottles then test on inside of arm (closest to "natural" skintone without fake tan etc) to make sure

maddiesparks Sun 10-Jul-16 08:14:51

Get colour matched at Estée Lauder counter and then use the website above to find the equivalent shade in max factor. The posh counters use some kind of clever camera thingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now