First festival at 43.... What do I wear?!?

(9 Posts)
Taytocrisps101 Fri 08-Jul-16 21:27:34

So I've been invited to a music and extreme sports festival 😳 next weekend with boyfriend of 6 months. What on earth do I wear?
Too old for short denim shorts and vest top look, plus I'm always freezing. I've got a pair of red Hunters but that's about it .... Need to be warm ( it's in Wales) comfy and a little bit sexy too if possible! I'm a size 8. Need help, fashion gurus!

pieceofpurplesky Fri 08-Jul-16 21:35:21

Tunic dress with wellies with leggings and jumper for later

Taytocrisps101 Fri 08-Jul-16 21:42:02

That sounds good, thanks. Was looking at some on Joe Brown website earlier... Any other suggestions of good places to look?

ShowOfHands Fri 08-Jul-16 21:51:17

Just dress appropriately for the weather! I go to festivals A LOT but just dress comfortably. The denim shorts, hunters and flowers in hair is such a ridiculous affectation. There is no uniform.

Practically, loose layers which you can strip off and wear round your waist make sense. Appropriate footwear. And a hat can help if it's hot. Sun cream too.

twostepsister Fri 08-Jul-16 21:51:59

Military shirts are great for festivals if it is too cold
www.superdry.com/womens/shirts/details/63385/military-shirt-
or
www.superdry.com/womens/shirts/details/59851/washed-twill-military-shirt
wear with a vest top underneath and shirt unbuttoned, black skinny jeans and some gladiator sandals if it is warm/hot, VANS/Converse or red Hunters if it's raining

PuraVida Fri 08-Jul-16 21:53:50

Nothing that makes going to the loo difficult. I go for leggings / any top whatsoever and a sensible coat.

Jeans are uncomfortable if they get damp or muddy

Shorts fall on the floor when you're weeing

Huldra Fri 08-Jul-16 21:58:22

Jeans are always good at a festival, they stand up to sitting on the ground well.

Always go for layering, once the sun starts to set it can get cold quickly.

Sunglasses and sunscreen.

MajesticWhine Fri 08-Jul-16 21:59:05

What ShowofHands said. Don't get sucked into the festival fashion thing. There's no need for it. Just wear what you normally wear plus some wellies.

Taytocrisps101 Sat 09-Jul-16 07:50:20

Thanks for all your help. I'm definitely past the flowers in my hair and sparkly face tattoos stage!
I'm off shopping!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now