Arrrrrgh still trying to find a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't make scalp itchy and makes my hair nice!!!

(46 Posts)
Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 11:49:31

Things I've tried so far include.....

Loreal elvive coloured hair
Loreal ever pure
Vosene
The body shop ginger/banana conditioner
Yes to
Head & shoulders
John freida
OGX
Happy hair days
Paul Mitchell
The body shop rainforest
Dove
Philip Kingsley

There's more but can't think lol

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 11:54:40

Oh add moogoo to list!

gingerbreadmanm Fri 08-Jul-16 11:59:00

Herbal essences zero percent one. Very good.

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 12:00:53

Hmm interesting I haven't tried that one

PorridgeAgainAbney Fri 08-Jul-16 12:11:35

What about Neal's Yard? They do a really basic one as part of their Create Your Own range - so you can either add your own oils or leave it as it is.

We've used this on our DS since he was 3 months old and he has severe ezcema (and I still don't know how to spell it grin) - he couldn't care less if it goes in his eyes or mouth, it's so mild.

It's more expensive than 'normal' ones £6.50 for 250ml but if you subscribe you often get 20% vouchers so we just stock up wink

FanSpamTastic Fri 08-Jul-16 12:23:32

T-Gel for sensitive skin.

Sillyshell Fri 08-Jul-16 12:25:11

Have you tried anything by Kerastase, it's a bit more pricey and you have to get it from either a hairdressers or online but their derma calm range has been brilliant for my calming my scalp down.

JackieAndHyde4eva Fri 08-Jul-16 12:26:38

I used TGel and was alright initially. (Previously had very sore scalp) but after a few weeks my scalp was constantly itchy again even an hour after washing. Someone on here recommended the garnier one in the white bottle with milk oats (or something!) in it. Its for sensitive scalp. Its fantastic!! Been using it for months now and no itchiness at all.

JackieAndHyde4eva Fri 08-Jul-16 12:27:51

This is it

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 12:44:57

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm not a fan of neals yard so not keen on trying their hair stuff but thank you. Will have a look at the herbal essence and the garnier one.
I was considering kerastase but just can't justify the cost for only 250ml

sashh Fri 08-Jul-16 12:47:15

I have alphosyl on prescription for psoriasis

ShotsFired Fri 08-Jul-16 12:47:52

I found it was the conditioner which made my head itch, not necessarily the shampoo? It seemed the more "exotic" the fragrance, the worse the itch.

To that end I use anti-dandruff 2-in-1 now (also because I use a lot of product which gunks my hair up and this cleans it the best), with occasional conditioner when I can be arsed.

CodewordRochambeau Fri 08-Jul-16 13:41:27

Eucerin dermocapillaire shampoo with 5% urea.

CodewordRochambeau Fri 08-Jul-16 13:41:59

And make sure you're only using conditioner on the ends - it doesn't need to go on your scalp.

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 13:56:09

I defo need conditioner all over I've tried it just on ends and it doesn't work with my hair

misscph1973 Fri 08-Jul-16 14:05:00

Itchy scalp is often caused by the ingredient SLS, a very harsh foaming agent. Try Faith in Nature shampoo and conditioner, (very reasonably priced, usually £5 or so per 250 ml bottle), from health food shops, Oxfam and online.

Another brand with no nasties is Green People. I use their sun cream, very good, but I have not tried their shampoos. More expensive than Faith in Nature, smaller bottles. From health food shops or online.

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 14:07:43

My scalp is worse with the sls free stuff! Tried almost all of them!

pinkieandperkie Fri 08-Jul-16 14:09:17

Try Johnson's baby shampoo and conditioner

gingerbreadmanm Fri 08-Jul-16 14:11:36

Dont put conditioner on your roots. I start from about and inch or two away frm my scalp.

Definitely try the herbal essence one. Bound to be on offer somewhere too.

Enoughisenough9 Fri 08-Jul-16 14:17:17

I use the Herbal Essences one. It's v good - and cheap.

CatatonicLadybug Fri 08-Jul-16 14:26:44

Jason do a Rosemary shampoo that was a game changer for me. Nirvana Naturals also do a Rosemary one that I hoped would work but it has SLS and that makes my skin red. Maybe worth a look if you don't have SLS trouble. It made my hair very shiny without being greasy, for what it's worth.

For conditioners, do you have any food sensitivities? I had to find something that didn't have wheat, which was a pain but made a big difference.

HariboBrenshnio Fri 08-Jul-16 14:33:36

Get yourself into Lush. All natural products so nothing to irritate the scalp. They'll help you pick out the perfect thing to help heal your scalp, keep your hair lovely and no itching! It's totally changed my hair. I don't have to wash it anywhere near as much either so their products last ages. I can't say enough good things about them!!

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 14:44:00

Thanks for all these suggestions I'm sorry if I don't respond to them all.

Tried a few Jason ones and hated them.
Johnsons baby shamp made my hair like straw
Lush was awful left such a residue on my hair!

MewlingQuim Fri 08-Jul-16 14:50:19

Reading with interest as I cannot wash my hair daily without getting itchy scalp, but if I don't wash my hair daily I get greasy hair <sigh>

HariboBrenshnio Fri 08-Jul-16 14:56:17

Which shampoo/conditioner did you use? They are so many different types. You need to find the one that's perfect for your hair type.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now