Do you have to wash off CC or BB Creams off at the end of the day...?

(19 Posts)
PaulDacresButtPlug Thu 07-Jul-16 23:28:49

As sometimes I don't wash my face before bed, but would I / should I if I had been wearing one of these creams? My friend swears by one (but she also isn't as particular as me when it comes to washing her face, not that she's grotty but I am a bit more fussy!)

OlennasWimple Thu 07-Jul-16 23:32:47

Yes, you should clean everything off at night then moisturize

MajesticWhine Thu 07-Jul-16 23:34:21

Yes definitely

GiddyGiddyGoat Thu 07-Jul-16 23:35:05

Why wouldn't you??

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 07-Jul-16 23:37:15

Yes or it will get on the sheets.

PaulDacresButtPlug Thu 07-Jul-16 23:41:17

I wasn't sure if it was more foundation or moisturiser (and am too lazy to spend much time looking it up!), hence the question!
I only tend to wear loose powder but sometimes wonder if little extra help might be a good thing, hence me browsing CC and BB creams because I wasn't really sure what they were as opposed to foundations.

squoosh Fri 08-Jul-16 00:19:23

I was going to accuse you of being a bit grotty for even wondering this and then I clocked the username!

Oh the horror. I feel sorry for anything, even an inanimate object, that makes contact with the vile creature's bumhole!

burnishedsilver Fri 08-Jul-16 00:30:48

Yes. It's make up. The loose powder needs to be washed off too.

CodewordRochambeau Fri 08-Jul-16 01:05:20

You need to wash your face before bed, even if you have no make up one, to get rid of sweat, dirt and oil.

Just5minswithDacre Fri 08-Jul-16 01:20:06

Squoosh grin

Tartyflette Fri 08-Jul-16 01:29:30

I don't like putting water on my face but I use a a moisturising (alcohol free) makeup remover wipe.
You can see the colour coming off on the wipe so it will also come off on your sheets....

PaulDacresButtPlug Sat 09-Jul-16 21:32:31

Thanks for your replies! So, basically it's a foundation type cream then rather than a moisturiser by the sounds of it. I am not keen on foundation, and thankfully as yet do not need it so think I'll give it a miss.
Im being neurotic here, but rest assured I am certainly not a soap dodger, quite the opposite! And the user name was because I am pissed off with seeing MN threads on the DM website!

user1467975542 Thu 14-Jul-16 15:04:00

Basically BB/CC creams are lighter than foundation but heavier than moisturizer - think tinted moisturizer! Just like any other makeup product you should definitely wash it off before bed smile If you do want a simple break down on the difference between the creams, what they are, etc. then this is an easy read - hope it helps! features.shopomo.com/health-beauty/skin-care/whats-the-difference-between-bb-cc-dd-creams/

PaulDacresButtPlug Fri 15-Jul-16 11:38:13

That does, thank you!

Nabootique Fri 15-Jul-16 12:33:41

You need to wash your face before bed, even if you have no make up one, to get rid of sweat, dirt and oil.

^^ This, definitely!

PaulDacresButtPlug Fri 15-Jul-16 13:04:11

Just to reiterate, I do most of the time! Unless totally and utterly exhausted!

goiaba Fri 15-Jul-16 21:56:19

When I'm tired I cleanse my face with face wipes, which happens probably once or twice a month. It's really important to cleanse your face every night, even without using makeup since grime and pollution plays a huge part in ageing the skin.

PaulDacresButtPlug Sat 16-Jul-16 12:08:06

I use wipes occasionally, but am not very keen. It's been ages since I wore a full face of make up, but when I did I then felt obligated to do a cleanse / wash / tone / moisturise routine at the end of the day and, frankly, I can't be arsed with that now! It's a quick wash then moisturiser at most.

PollyPerky Sat 16-Jul-16 14:13:02

If you are in a rush at bedtime, use micellar water- takes off make up. Just sprinkle some on cotton wool and go over your face a few times with a couple of clean pads or balls.

CC and BB creams are moisturiser and foundation in one. BB= beauty balm- so they are a bit of colour and moisturiser in one. I don't especially like them tbh- have the Bobbi Brown one and it's ok- but not a perfect match to my skin colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now