Talk

Advanced search

Bright white legs!

(15 Posts)
tobee Thu 07-Jul-16 13:22:49

Any suggestions about how to get colour on my legs below the knees? I haven't been abroad on a holiday for several years but normally tan quite easily. My legs just look so pale. How can I help this area apart from fake tan?

Heatherjayne1972 Thu 07-Jul-16 13:29:20

Shorts??

tobee Thu 07-Jul-16 13:49:43

Yeah I wear em but the legs don't get in the sun like the rest of me! I can't be the only one who has this problem!

OuchLegoHurts Thu 07-Jul-16 17:57:31

My legs stay white and even after getting a bit burned (accidentally!) just go a slightly dirtier looking shade of white. I just use a great fake tan, even on hols!

sadie9 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:02:15

Best solution is fake tan -ish. Get a tanning mitt, Sally Hansen legs (one of the medium ones with a 'glow'). Spray the mitt not your body, then rub in circles like crazy like you are shining/buffing a window. You can build up the colour. If you do it like that it goes on very evenly.
Stays on til you wash it off with a washcloth. Hasn't come off on any sheets if I've forget ten its there (could be different in hot countries if you sweat a lot). If you hate it washes off really easy unlike the stay-on fake tans.
Also great for arms and shoulders top of back etc.

PlugUgly Thu 07-Jul-16 19:58:45

Dove do a very very gradual self tan that doesn't turn ankles and knees orange, use daily as a moisturiser on your legs

ijustwannadance Thu 07-Jul-16 20:04:59

I use the garnier gradual tan. One coat just to take away the glare grin
My legs never tan and stay ghost white, belly goes golden brown and top half goes pink. I come back off hols looking like Neapolitan ice cream!

tobee Fri 08-Jul-16 15:21:31

Ooh thanks for these tips!

user1467042399 Fri 08-Jul-16 15:47:09

I have to agree about the gradual tan
Dove £1.99 from savers
Just apply like body lotion
Honestly I'm so pale I'm practically see through
This makes me look human

Huldra Fri 08-Jul-16 16:56:13

I use the Dove and Garnier light self tan, they're hard to mess up and take away the gleam.

RobberBride Fri 08-Jul-16 22:14:32

I'm ghostly pale and also lazy. I use Dove medium-dark with a mitt on my legs, and even with my lazy application, it definitely takes off the gleam.

tobee Sat 09-Jul-16 12:17:11

Great! Can I use any old bath mitt?

DavetheCat2001 Sat 09-Jul-16 18:18:47

I would also recommend Dove Summer glow gradual tanner.

It doesn't go all orange, just takes the glare off my pasty white legs!

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 09-Jul-16 18:21:24

Yes another fan of the dove gradual tan here too - and without any help my legs are so pale they virtually glow in the dark!

oldjacksscrote Sat 09-Jul-16 19:15:59

St Tropez in shower gradual tan, streak free, no horrible smell and really natural looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now