Talk

Advanced search

Skin tag removal prices.

(22 Posts)
HermiioneSnape02 Thu 07-Jul-16 12:41:15

Has anyone had these removed by a clinic? I'm in Birmingham and have been quoted £39 each skin tag. I have quite a few in both arm pits. Seems quite expensive to me.
I have asked my gp. But have been refused as they aren't causing a problem, just for cosmetic reasons.

TheFlyingFauxPas Thu 07-Jul-16 12:46:34

Bloody hell. I've had mine done twice on my neck. - usually tiny ones but I get tons quite a few. Both times the doctor did them. Could you claim they're painful as you catch them?

MargotLovedTom Thu 07-Jul-16 12:47:21

Can you try trying cotton thread around them first (maybe with some help!) and strangling the little blighters? wink

TheFlyingFauxPas Thu 07-Jul-16 12:48:17

Mine were burned off. Smells a bit 😐

SoupDragon Thu 07-Jul-16 12:48:31

If they are small, you can freeze them with an ice cube to numb them and snip them off. Don't forget to freeze them though or it hurts more than you could imagine!

MargotLovedTom Thu 07-Jul-16 12:51:29

Or Emla cream?

HermiioneSnape02 Thu 07-Jul-16 13:02:05

I don't fancy snipping them. I'm a coward lol.
The string would work. But I have loads. I'd have an arm pit full of cotton blush

MargotLovedTom Thu 07-Jul-16 13:05:17

The Emla cream is an anaesthetic cream so you could put that on, wait for it take effect then get someone else to do the snipping while you're blindfolded wink.

HermiioneSnape02 Thu 07-Jul-16 13:06:38

Ooh that might work margo I'll have a look at it. Love the name btw.

MargotLovedTom Thu 07-Jul-16 13:14:36

smile

SoupDragon Thu 07-Jul-16 13:34:56

Snipping is a bit of a leap of faith as to whether it's numb!

HermiioneSnape02 Thu 07-Jul-16 14:01:28

I know soup shock

oneburgerofham Thu 07-Jul-16 14:33:40

If you didn't want an armpit full of cotton you could do them a few at a time? I used dental floss - it's strong and easy to tie tightly. Mine dropped off in a few days.

AnnieOnnieMouse Thu 07-Jul-16 14:37:13

Tell the GP that they are getting sore as the skin rubs against them.
I had one removed from bra strap area as the strap was rubbing on it, making it sore.

ThoraGruntwhistle Thu 07-Jul-16 14:43:55

You could try Bazuka gel for verrucas if you're feeling brave. The skin tags turn black and then fall off but it does sting a bit.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 07-Jul-16 14:48:02

Amazon sell kits to remove them.

BringMeTea Thu 07-Jul-16 14:49:40

I have removed a couple with nail clippers. No probs at all. smile

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 07-Jul-16 14:53:59

Thora I think I've tried Bazuka before but it didn't work - maybe I got the wrong one, maybe it wasn't the verucca one, I'll have to check. I would love to just be able to put a cream on and have it work! smile

I took the worst offender off with cotton, but it took about a week and was pretty embarrassing asking my mum to tie the cotton around - definitely can't bend that way myself!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 14:55:59

Use a hair from your head,will turn black and drop off in a couple of days!

HermiioneSnape02 Thu 07-Jul-16 15:35:17

I think I'm going to try the cotton or floss thing first like you've said maybe a couple at a time. Some are tiny so I'll go for the big buggers first.
I'm really feeling sick at the thought of cutting them off shock

Leviticus Thu 07-Jul-16 18:48:11

Try apple cider vinegar. I think the trick is to scratch the surface very lightly (with a cocktail stick for example) and then apply the vinegar on cotton wool every day.

I'm not having you on - my mum tried it on quite a big one on her face after I read about it (on MN). It took a couple of weeks but went dark and a bit scabby and then came off nice and cleanly.

Coconutty Thu 07-Jul-16 18:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now