Talk

Advanced search

Clinique moisture surge

(24 Posts)
Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 09:08:56

Anyone use any of this range? Was thinking about the face spray and thirst relief cream

Gazelda Thu 07-Jul-16 09:12:45

I absolutely love both of them. I used to have quite oily skin and the moisture surge products were perfectly light and non-Greasy. Post menopause, my skin is drier, and they still suit and give me a very comfortable feeling.

CattDamon Thu 07-Jul-16 09:13:23

Love the moisturiser! I had acne with dry patches for years until I found this!

Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 09:42:49

Oh no I can feel some spending coming on! Lol

Donatellalymanmoss Thu 07-Jul-16 09:45:55

I really like the tinted moisturiser from this range.

RuskBaby Thu 07-Jul-16 09:46:48

Love both! The spray is great in the morning and I use the cream at night as it takes longer to settle in.

Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 09:56:53

My skin is hypersensitive and very dehydrated but creams just feel horrible and I get shine on skin even though I'm not particularly oily! So tempted by these products!

Donatellalymanmoss Thu 07-Jul-16 09:59:47

I have very sensitive skin and am on the whole ok with Clinique. I think they have a policy where you can return things if you react with them. Probably worth having a chat at the counter. I have loads of sample size moisture surge stuff from the give away things that they do, so they should have samples they can give you.

Cakescakescakes Thu 07-Jul-16 10:00:13

I have eczema and incredibly sensitive allergic skin but I love the moisturiser in the jar. It really feels like a big refreshing 'drink' for your face. Totally non greasy. I also tried the moisture mask and found it didn't absorb well. I think it's the moisture surge intense moisturiser that I have. Go to a counter and try them on your skin.

Cakescakescakes Thu 07-Jul-16 10:01:02

The moisturiser is a gel creme formula so not greasy like a cream can be sometimes.

Elledouble Thu 07-Jul-16 10:04:30

I love the gel cream. The Chanel gel moisturiser I used to use was discontinued and Clinique Moisture Surge is as good. I have combination skin (spotty and dry!). I wouldn't use anything else now, most other gel moisturisers seem really drying.

Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 10:07:17

Yeah that's what I was worried about because the other gel moisturisers I've tried have been really drying! Getting more and more tempted by this now!

Donatellalymanmoss Thu 07-Jul-16 10:16:39

It's definitely not drying, I think it might be the only gel type moisturiser I've liked.

Labracadabra Thu 07-Jul-16 10:35:57

Is there much difference between the moisture surge intense hydrator and the extended thirst relief version? Thanks

Dafadddu Thu 07-Jul-16 12:52:46

I love Moisture Surge. But i find its expensive so tend to buy a pot late October which lasts me through winter. Then back on to Nivea once the bitter winds stop.

HairsprayQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 13:05:36

I used to use moisture surge (thirst relief or something? It was a gel type thing in a pot anyway) when I was younger and this thread has reminded me of all the things I loved about it.

Do you think it would layer well under an spf?

I feel like I need more hydration than an spf is giving (but less greasiness than some other spf's give) but equally I don't want to put 2 creams on top of each other (after serum too) as I feel a bit clogged up then, so I thought this might be a good compromise?

Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 13:08:22

Well I've bought some of the cream and the spray so will report back after few days!

AppleMagic Thu 07-Jul-16 13:11:45

I have very sensitive skin which is irritated by moisture surge (it's too water based for me I think). Clinique superdefense (dry skin version) works well for me and has spf 20 which is a massive bonus as I normally react to sunscreen.

elliefredericksen Thu 07-Jul-16 13:23:43

I love the moisture surge tinted moisturiser. I had a blip a while ago and thought I should be upping my foundation game, so tried testers from Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, loads more, recommended on other threads and elsewhere.

I came back to the Clinique Moisture Surge and am still happy I did.

Lighteningirll Thu 07-Jul-16 13:28:36

I use it on top of my normal moisturizer and its made a world of difference my skin looks and feels much less dry

midnightmoomoo Thu 07-Jul-16 16:59:34

I've been thinking about trying the cream too Jo so make sure you report back!!!

Indecisivejo Thu 07-Jul-16 17:05:31

Ha ha coconuts what are we like?! I will defo report back after a few days! This weather is making my skin appear so oily even though it isn't and just doesn't feel fresh if you get what I mean! Fingers crossed I'll like this stuff! I got a free gift too smile

Indecisivejo Fri 08-Jul-16 11:43:48

Day 1....going ok so far, I was worried the products would sting but nothing and less shine so far today...

Indecisivejo Sun 10-Jul-16 07:38:02

I'm still liking these so far, they have really surprised me tbh as I usually react to Clinique. I'm hoping I've finally cracked it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now