Talk

Advanced search

Best mascara for a tenner?

(21 Posts)
YesThisIsMe Thu 07-Jul-16 08:04:53

I have negligible eyelashes that need all the help they can get. Currently using Bobbi Brown Extreme Party which I bought when they did me a makeup lesson. It's fine, but it's running out now. It cost twenty quid (!) so does anyone have any recommendations for stuff they will do as good a job for a more high street price?

If the answer is "no, you definitely need to spend twenty quid" then I'll sigh and accept it, but I somehow doubt it.

Lottapianos Thu 07-Jul-16 08:08:16

L'oreal Miss Manga
L'oreal Volume Million
L'oreal Telescopic
Maybelline Lash Sensational

All brilliant and all around a tenner

Anon2309 Thu 07-Jul-16 08:22:41

Max factor 2000 Calories
Kiko Milano has good, cheaper mascaras

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Fri 08-Jul-16 05:41:29

Seventeen Falsifeye has had some rave reviews and it's only about 6 quid I think. Definitely worth a go.

catwithflowers Fri 08-Jul-16 06:26:17

I second the Maybelline. It's what I have used for years

Batboobs Fri 08-Jul-16 06:28:11

Rimmel Extra Super Lash - I've used many, high end, mid-range - and this is the one I always go back to. Check out reviews online.

Camembertie Fri 08-Jul-16 08:48:44

BOots Stay Perfect NO7 one in a gold tube - was recommended on here and I absolutely love it it's a tubing one so really stays put too

missmartha Fri 08-Jul-16 09:48:11

Seventeen Falsifeyeb is really good. I keep thinking it shouldn't be that good for that price, but it is. I love it loads.

MrsRyanGosling15 Fri 08-Jul-16 09:53:04

It's not mascara, but seriously look at a treatment called LVL. People who have short fine lashes have long dark lashes after with a beautiful curl. Lasts up to 8 weeks, sometimes more depending on how fast your lashes grow. You don't even need mascara but even if you do, I fund one coat does it. I'm honestly a complete and utter convert and have all my friends getting this done!

Cakescakescakes Fri 08-Jul-16 10:04:22

Seventeens Doll'd Up. In fact the Seventeen mascara are pretty good in general.

BeenThereTooSEL Fri 08-Jul-16 10:15:42

Seventeen Va Va Voom

LAmusic Fri 08-Jul-16 10:17:07

Maybelline lash sensational! My short eyelashes almost reach my eyebrows!!!

deepdarkwood Fri 08-Jul-16 10:18:31

17 falsify is really fab - no clumping, easy to build, long lasting.

triangularchocolate Fri 08-Jul-16 12:12:56

I always go back to MaxFaxtor Masterpiece Max, and I've tried a lot of the expensive ones.

apatheticfallacy Fri 08-Jul-16 12:17:59

Maxfactor masterpiece here too, I haven't found anything that beats it

YesThisIsMe Fri 08-Jul-16 14:59:27

Thanks all. Looks like there's a handful of good possibilities with multiple recommendations. I'll hit Superdrug/Boots and see which of them is cheapest grin.

I already have the gold Stay Perfect tubing one, which I use when I want to be sure not to smudge, because it is brilliantly immovable, but it doesn't have quite enough oomph. And I know that LVL would probably be the answer, and I have actually done it once in the past, but in my heart of hearts I am not the sort of person who goes to salons every eight weeks and sits for half an hour having their eyelashes done...it's a personal identity thing.

ChishandFips33 Fri 08-Jul-16 18:23:57

I've just got the Loreal midnight black/blue thanks to another thread for £4 from Amazon.

There's a black/black too - gives length to my measley lashes

Branleuse Fri 08-Jul-16 18:30:23

max factor 2000 calorie

leccybill Fri 08-Jul-16 18:34:49

Barbara Daly Trade Secrets.
With the pink lid.
From Tesco and under a tenner. I love it.

TheHuntingOfTheSarky Fri 08-Jul-16 18:35:25

I bought the Revlon 5 in 1 waterproof recently and it's great. Didn't flake or smudge and made an instant impact. Thumbs up from me!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 08-Jul-16 18:36:39

Bourjois Une Seconde.

I think it's £9.99. Better than Benefit's They're Real.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now