Talk

Advanced search

Colour me beautiful

(7 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Wed 06-Jul-16 16:31:24

I won a colour analysis, style consultation, and makeup lesson with CMB, courtesy of MN (yay!), and wondered if anyone had any tips for getting the most out of my day?

RipMacWinkle Wed 06-Jul-16 19:03:14

I would say go with an open mind, ask lots of questions if you don't get it and perhaps take a pad and pen to scribble notes?

I had my colours and style done a while ago. Fab fun and so interesting. I'd say you can take it all in and then filter when you get home and decide what you want to take from it. Most of all, enjoy!

CMOTDibbler Thu 07-Jul-16 11:44:03

Thank you ! Really not something I would pay for, so it will be interesting. My pack came this morning, and I did giggle at the style guide as it reads very similarly to an 'advice for girls' book I have from the 50's - as a 'grande' I should wear large accessories, and dress to deaccentuate my height and long legs

fruitscone Thu 07-Jul-16 13:51:42

I suspect you won't be totally shocked by what you find out and it will confirm things you didn't realise you knew about your style e.g. you will remember things you used to have and realise you loved it because it was your style / colour.

I had colours done when I was 17 so have had a good sense of what suits for all my adult life. I love it and just steer away from huge chunks of shop floors because they're not my colours. And no I don't waft my pallette around in shops as my sense of 'my' colours is totally engrained on the brain now. I am a much more efficent shopper.

I haven't been style anaylsed but a friend has and talking to her about it, I realise I am pattern-phobic, hate fussiness and overly 'feminine' ruffliness!

I had make-up done and it wasn't great .... but then that was in 1991, so what make-up was great back then?!

Enjoy it - bet you have fun.

1moreglassplease Thu 07-Jul-16 14:44:58

I had a CMB colour analysis and make up session last year and really loved it. I was a warm/clear and really enjoyed the whole experience which lasted a couple of hours. My swatches are in my bag but it has really helped when out shopping.

Have a great time!

gillyweed Sun 10-Jul-16 09:55:21

I won this too! It's not something I would pay for either but as I've just had my last child and i'm charity shopping most of my wardrobe from the last 5 years, I'm quite excited! Also a little dubious and scared, I've always thought I've had quite a good sense of style but what if they tell me I've got it all wrong!?!

CMOTDibbler Sun 10-Jul-16 11:09:51

I guess you decide whether you prefer what they put you in to what you'd have bought.

Hope the makeup lesson is good - its not something I am very confident about, esp as I wear fairly strong glasses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now