Talk

Advanced search

What should I wear? (interview)

(24 Posts)
Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 08:58:44

Hi. Please help! I don't have a clue what to wear. I'm mid twenties, size 12. I don't like patterns, or colour. Dresses can be hit or miss due to my large breast size. I want to look professional and sophisticated.

The jobs (same company) are within the design sector. I am currently on placement within this company, and it would be life changing to say the least to get one of these positions, as they are hard to come by. I've been working my ass off the past few years to try and get into this industry and I'm worried my sense of style will have a negative impact.

Has anyone got any tips?
Thanks

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:23:16

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/sale/dresses/lace-stripe-collar-skater/057155.html?cgid=sale-dresses&dwvar_057155_color=01&position=114#page=10&start=114&categoryID=sale-dresses

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:24:53

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/skirts/textured-stripe-midi-skirt/059151.html?dwvar_059151_color=19&position=8&cgid=skirts#&start=8&categoryID=skirts
This with black shoes black bag and white top?

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 11:42:38

I love the first link, however I'm not sure if it suits my body shape. I'm an hourglass, and don't like the typical styled dresses for my shape. I love the styles that are better suited to slender frames, but with having big boobs and hips I tend to look fat and frumpy in them.

Do you think I could get away with a high neckline and a more loose fitted outfit? Or do you think it would look like a tent on me?

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:53:43

Honestly I think you see yourself all wrong. I'm a 10-12 and a 34f chest. Maybe an a-line skirt cover hips and fitted top around waist? That stripe skirt with black top would minimise your bust? Personally your figure sounds perfect you need to make most of it smile

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:54:52

Do not wear loose as it skims of chest an L of you will look that width. Curves are beautiful!

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:57:39

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/tops/lace-detail-top/059222.html?dwvar_059222_color=01&position=14#q=Black+top&page=2&start=14&categoryID=null
This top with above skirt

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 11:59:07

Also I would do nude sandals like on model with nude bag. You don't want to be like a zebra smile

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 12:04:34

My chest is the same size as yours. Okay I'll give it a go...I'm just so used to trying to hide my figure. I usually just go to town with my make up and hair and shove any old outfit on. But I'm going to take your advice and try a different style. Thank you.

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 12:12:38

Your welcome smile people pay big money for our chest. Secret is a good fitting bra smile

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 12:45:19

I hate having large chest. I'd happily get a boob reduction down to a B cup if it was offered.

Last question, will the black top match ok with the navy in the skirt?

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 13:03:47

Oh is it navy? Lol no probably not. IL take another look

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 13:08:17

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/tops/cute-tipped-ss-knit/059211.html?dwvar_059211_color=19&position=4#q=Navy+top&start=4&categoryID=null
This?

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 13:10:54

I think a white t-shirt from primark would b lovely bring expanse down. Something like model is wearing

hellsbellsmelons Wed 06-Jul-16 14:41:17

too formal?
wrap dress
sophisticated

3perfectweemen Wed 06-Jul-16 15:24:53

I like the first one smile

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 19:49:17

Thanks for the ideas. I'm definitely going to try and get out of my comfort zone of dark colours and try something with a more feminine style.

polyhymnia Wed 06-Jul-16 21:07:56

I wouldn't personally go too far out if my comfort zone for an important interview though. You need something you can put on, feel good in and then forget.

blueskyinmarch Wed 06-Jul-16 21:13:43

How about this one?
My DD1 bought it in black to wear to interviews and now she has got a job she wears it to business meetings. She says it oi comfortable and doesn’t crease so always looks good.

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 23:53:16

Blue, what sort of foot wear did she wear with it?

I usually wear these Dr Martens to work. As I find them quite comfortable. Do you think I can get away with wearing them with a nice dress, or skirt/too combo?

Whatthequack Wed 06-Jul-16 23:53:32

Top*

blueskyinmarch Thu 07-Jul-16 07:35:07

She wore flat black pumps as she was having to fly to London then find her destination. It was a bit of a fail though as the shoes were new and she had to do some sort of stealth plaster job on her feet so she could actually walk!

I think those chunky brogues would look good with a dress or skirt/top and if it is in the design sector a certain amount of quirkiness in dress might be expected. DD needed up having 3 interviews for the company she is with and she wore smart cropped trousers and a top for one of them.

I think as long as you have made an effort and are not wearing over the top clothes you will be fine. You want the interviewers to concentrate on you and not what you are wearing.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 07-Jul-16 14:52:28

I need me that dress bluesky

Whatthequack Thu 07-Jul-16 18:53:47

I think I might go for a top/trousers combo as I'll feel more comfortable. I'll go out over the weekend and see if I can find an outfit. Thanks again for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now