Talk

Advanced search

Basic T shirts

(16 Posts)
Tralala33 Mon 04-Jul-16 14:10:37

I've finally accepted that I will always be a jeans/t-shirt/converse person. However, I would like this look to be a bit more polished (if possible). I feel like my shoes are always scruffy and T-shirts ill-fitting or unflattering. So I'm on the look out for some good quality t-shirts/tops that don't lose their shape too quickly. Any suggestions?

Also, I've just bought some new, grey, leather converse but I'm thinking If I have several pairs of casual shoes then they won't get so scruffy so quickly. So any suggestions of flats (only will wear heels to bar/weddings) would be great also.

TIA

user1467042399 Mon 04-Jul-16 16:32:40

Zara does great basics
I've had a tee shirt for 4 years wear it weekly and still looks brand new

BikeRunSki Mon 04-Jul-16 16:59:07

I'm the same!!

I have recently got a black linen T type top from Nicola Quilter which smartens up jeans and cons a little.

Liiinoo Mon 04-Jul-16 17:30:51

primark t-shirts are great. Well shaped, cut quite long, wash well, a huge range of colours, a choice of necklines and cheap as chips. I used to buy Phase 8/Mint Velvet sort of level and they always warped/went baggy in the wash but the Primark ones never do.

Boredomismyenemy Mon 04-Jul-16 17:35:34

I'm a jeans, tshirt, trainers person! I live in Nike roshe, so comfy. My t shirts are basics from asos, they have a lovely curved hem and fit neatly in the shoulders. I also have a few v neck linen tshirts from h&m that are lovely and cool.

TSSDNCOP Mon 04-Jul-16 19:06:02

Linen t shirts look great, I picked up a few in the White Company and whistles sales. I find that the best plain t shirts I have are from French Connection or Hobbs. Used to be Next and MS but they've got weird body lengths now. I just want one to sit on my belt when I'm wearing jeans.

TowerRose Mon 04-Jul-16 19:08:33

I usually buy basic one's from dorothy perkins, comfy and a nice fit.

Fairylea Mon 04-Jul-16 19:10:20

I love t shirts from tu at sainsburys. Always wash and wear well. I used to love basics from Next but the last batch of t shirts from there faded so quickly it was ridiculous.

MrsOllyMurs Mon 04-Jul-16 23:20:47

I like Uniqlo at the moment.....

CoconutAmericano Mon 04-Jul-16 23:23:19

I got a fab 100% cotton navy and red striped t shirt in Cos today. Classic round neck and just perfect.

Nearlyadoctor Thu 14-Jul-16 09:44:34

Just received 3 of these, lovely quality and a nice fit.
Good price in the sale too smile

www.crewclothing.co.uk/relaxed-tee-wee002-whtlinen/

FashionLover1 Thu 14-Jul-16 10:16:16

I like M&S basics

HappyGirlNow Thu 14-Jul-16 10:22:43

Another vote for Zara scroll down for lots of plain t-shirts.

Tralala33 Thu 14-Jul-16 13:50:04

Thanks everyone. I went into H&M yesterday but none in my size for most of the colours I liked and their website is down. Just went on M&S website and they have buy one get one half price on T shirts so I've ordered a couple to try.

SayAGreatBigThankyou Thu 14-Jul-16 14:45:58

Boden Essential T-shirts are my go-to and about a tenner in the sale.

NickiFury Thu 14-Jul-16 14:55:14

Gap. Always a sale on these days and even more discount if you sign up for their emails. Every colour of the rainbow and more and they wash really well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now