Talk

Advanced search

Bad reaction to waxing

(4 Posts)
Woodhill Mon 04-Jul-16 10:14:41

I had my underarms waxed last Friday. I have had this done before in a different location and no problems. I thought I would try this place nearby.

At first I thought it was an allergic reaction.

I think I was burnt as my underarm was very red and sore and tight. It is now peeling.

I did phone the salon and took a photo. I am thinking of going in and speaking to them. I cannot wear deodrant and am using aloe soothing gel but it is embarrassing because obviously it is hot, I am sweating and I am getting smelly.

I am hoping it will be ok soon as I have a very important event on Saturday.

What do you think the salon should do?

thanks

Chorltonswheelies422 Mon 04-Jul-16 10:22:24

Absolutely take photos for evidence and go in and complain and get them to detail the specific aftercare. After that, book an appointment with the nurse at your local surgery.

Did they use strip wax or hot wax?

I would then consider my next step. But at the very least would not use that salon again not be recommending them.

Indecisivejo Mon 04-Jul-16 11:27:16

It sounds to me like the wax was too hot and they didn't stretch the skin enough when removing the strip. Definitely go back to them and complain! In the meantime get some aqueous cream and keep it in the fridge then apply some to the area for some comfort.

Woodhill Mon 04-Jul-16 15:00:04

Yes wax in a pot I think they burnt me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now