Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Backpack similar in style to Fjallraven

(10 Posts)
CoconutAmericano Sun 03-Jul-16 22:38:18

Hi I'm looking for a waterproof back pack similar in style to the lovely Fjallraven's but with a waist strap for extra back support. Would any of you lovely ladies know of any? It needs to be a decent size, waterproof and supportive ( I walk to work, a good half hour each way) Oh and not look too sporty if you know what I mean!

choppolata Mon 04-Jul-16 18:07:25

A colleague has a Herschel one, they are similar in style. Not sure about waist belt, I was trying to sneakily check if it had one but couldn't see.

CoconutAmericano Mon 04-Jul-16 23:13:22

Thank you choppolata i'll check them out!

Littleallovertheshop Mon 04-Jul-16 23:16:15

Tk Maxx does hershel stuff if that helps any

CoconutAmericano Mon 04-Jul-16 23:19:38

No waiat belt but other than that the hershel does tick a lot of boxes. I've a tk maxx near me, must take a look. Thanks little

bluebloom Mon 04-Jul-16 23:46:56

I just got a herschell for £35 in the urban outfitters sale online. They also sell them on asos. I really like it, looks like a "proper" rucksack, sturdy, not just nice looking. A few friends had recommended them too. I was similarly torn between that & a kanken but the kanken straps are v thin & apparently uncomfortable if you're carrying anything heavy.

ZaraW Tue 05-Jul-16 05:12:35

I have the Fjallraven Retro it's expensive but I've had it for 5 years and use it a lot virtually indestructible. Also looks good.

elliefredericksen Tue 05-Jul-16 07:17:30

Considering its Patagonia (who I really rate, but appreciate they are outdoorsy - really good support though), this one doesn't look too sporty, and looks like it has a thin waist belt if you look at the rear view. Although it's not mentioned in the description.

eu.patagonia.com/enGB/product/arbor-backpack-26-liters?p=47956-0-BLK

Murinea Tue 05-Jul-16 15:20:46

With the Fjällräven Kanken backpack, a waist strap wouldn't help you much since the straps are so thin and narrow. I don't think it's the best choice for carrying heavier stuff on longer walks. I spent a few months looking for a backpack (I also walk to work) and I did consider Kanken but for the money, it just seemed too uncomfortable and lacking in organizing options.
I ended up going with another Fjällräven backpack though, the Räven, which I can really recommend. The straps are very comfortable, of a kind of foamy material that moulds to your body, and fit my narrow shoulders well.
www.fjallraven.com/raven-20l

Jack Wolfskin is another place worth a look, in addition to the ones already mentioned here.

Quodlibet Tue 05-Jul-16 20:05:03

Have a look at Burton backpacks, or Everlane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now