Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a rainmac from Seasalt?

(14 Posts)
CruCru Sun 03-Jul-16 20:18:56

Is their sizing true to size? Generous? Snug?

I seem to have LOST my amazing, absolute bargain, Landsend pink mac. I have no idea where it is and have searched high and low for it. Am praying it turns up before the rain starts again.

If it doesn't turn up, I was looking at this one:

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/casual-short-length-jackets/seafolly-long-length-lightweight-traditional-raincoat.htm

cheeseandmarmite15 Sun 03-Jul-16 20:28:00

www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/womens-seasalt-hellweathers-mac.html

I bought that one a couple of years ago. I'm a 10 and bought a 10 and it's quite roomy to wear layers underneath. I've not worn it in over a year but it is quite warm so you don't need lots of layers.

Girlwithnotattoos Sun 03-Jul-16 20:34:34

I love my Seasalt rain coat, it's 4 years old now and still as good as new. I bought my usual size and it's fine even with a jumper underneath smile

sulee Sun 03-Jul-16 20:49:00

I bought mine two years ago and absolutely love it! It is truly waterproof and still as good as the day I bought it. It is true to size, not skimpy, but fits perfectly, allowing room for a layer underneath without being baggy.

sohackedoff Sun 03-Jul-16 20:51:53

I have one. I think their sizing is accurate. I feel like a fisherman in mine. Not flattering but does the job

CruCru Sun 03-Jul-16 21:31:49

Ah, thanks all.

CruCru Thu 07-Jul-16 13:20:07

Hi all

I bought the Seasalt mac - it arrived today and I love it. It's a little more flattering from the front that from the back but that is okay.

Mrs9C Thu 07-Jul-16 14:25:50

I'm watching with interest. Debating over a Seasalt or a Joules Coast...Not keen on the Coast colours at the moment, but I do like the pink Seasalt..

CruCru Thu 07-Jul-16 17:51:41

Mrs9C If you aren't keen on the colours then don't buy that coat.

I've just googled the Joules Coast - it is very nice but a little short for my taste. Having said that, I am a size 18 / 20 so short jackets usually look awful on me.

maddiesparks Thu 07-Jul-16 18:28:55

I have the Seasalt Kellifray which is a slightly fitted longer Mac. Sizing is true I'd say, not generous. It's a great coat, very waterproof and just the right length.

bingohandjob Thu 07-Jul-16 18:46:41

I think they are true to size, erring on forgiving fit for my generous TnA! I've got two - Hellweathers and another winter one with fleece lining. They are brilliant. Breathable, properly waterproof. Ok, they are not going to bother the catwalk but they're a waterproof Mac. I'd rather be dry and look fab underneath on arrival to destination than sweaty and damp in a more fashion type coat.

Woopsiedaisy Thu 07-Jul-16 18:52:26

Which colour did you buy CruCru

I have my eye on the green one but it was out of stock when I visited their shop last week.

CruCru Fri 08-Jul-16 23:37:39

The green one. It is nice.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Fri 08-Jul-16 23:43:48

I have the bowspirit
www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/bowsprit-cotton-canvas-waterproof-long-colourful-raincoat_wreckage.htm
Their stuff fits my generous size 14 fairly well - maybe not quite as generous as Fatface. I couldn't wear a jumper under it without straining over my 32GG boobs. Their stuff is way more generous in the boob department than Boden, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now