Talk

Advanced search

Straw poll, chop very long hair or not?

(34 Posts)
LoftDweller Sun 03-Jul-16 17:32:21

I'm undecided. I do like my hair when it's done but it takes so long. Here's pics of it now, and what I'd like to cut it to.

BumWad Sun 03-Jul-16 17:37:10

Don't cut it! It's stunning as it is

Jmangel Sun 03-Jul-16 17:40:39

No no no to cutting it - it is beautiful.

Mamia15 Sun 03-Jul-16 17:41:57

Its beautiful but perhaps a bit on the long side and the styling is very romantic - this link has some great long hair styles that are a bit more modern:

uk.pinterest.com/georgenorthwood/hair-long-hair-invisible-layers/

CremeEggThief Sun 03-Jul-16 17:42:54

Do it! Both 2 and 3 are great styles and hair is still long, past your shoulders.

Madbengalmum Sun 03-Jul-16 17:42:56

Everytime i have cut my long hair i regretted it.
I wouldnt, your hair looks much nicer long than the third pic.

LegoCaltrops Sun 03-Jul-16 17:45:46

You have beautiful hair. Don't do it unless you are really sure - I did a massive chop several years ago (it was nearly knee length at the longest point) & went to a very short pixie. I'm growing it back out...

zippyswife Sun 03-Jul-16 17:52:01

Mine was really similar to your first pic. I always got so many compliments on it but it just was too glamorous for me. I have loved it since I got it in a lob over a year ago. It's much more me. Your hair is stunning though!

zippyswife Sun 03-Jul-16 17:53:02

But... Having said that your hair is much nicer than the pic you want. But each to their own. It'll grow back!

RhubarbAndMustard Sun 03-Jul-16 17:59:48

You're hair is beautiful but I think just a bit too long. It would look fab cut to just below your shoulders.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 03-Jul-16 18:01:49

Please don't cut it- it's beautiful!

Girlwithnotattoos Sun 03-Jul-16 18:08:54

I dislike extra long hair and would have it cut into a more manageable length with more style and shape but long enough to put up if you want.

Truckingalong Sun 03-Jul-16 18:09:18

Cut an inch or 2 off, get a swept over fringe instead of the cowlick and you have the hair of dreams!

LoftDweller Sun 03-Jul-16 18:24:12

Thanks all. I'll be going to the hairdressers anyway for either a trim and some layers or the big chop. It does grow quickly so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't like it, I'm just nervous of taking the leap!

Youvegottobekidding Sun 03-Jul-16 21:26:28

I had long hair, a long time ago! However over the years it gradually got shorter & shorter, more trims. I had been trying to grow it back to its longer length but i guess as I'm a little older my hair growth rate has slowed down a bit!

Anyway, last year, I decided I was fed up of trying to grow my hair long again, it was looking scraggly so I cut it from past my shoulders to a lob, about the same length as pic 3, the one you like. I loved it.

A few weeks ago I've gone even shorter, it's now about shoulder length. I really like my hair this length, after all this time of trying to grow my hair long again!

But, you do have lovely long hair. Maybe you could have a few inches off first & see how you feel with that & if you're happy you could always go & have another couple of inches off after?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 03-Jul-16 23:01:35

I'd cut it. Just because I get bored and like to try different things!

It'll grow back.

maggiethemagpie Sun 03-Jul-16 23:04:28

Cut it - I think it is too long and would look better a bit shorter

burnishedsilver Sun 03-Jul-16 23:40:36

Cut it. It's lovely now but the new style is also lovely and will be easier to style.

LoftDweller Mon 04-Jul-16 12:22:44

Hmm pretty much 50/50 on here. I might let the hairdresser decide!

ThePigeon314 Mon 04-Jul-16 12:30:24

No.

Maybe a bit shorter if you need a change but it looks like thick wavy smooth hair to me.

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 04-Jul-16 13:13:27

I'd cut it.

user1467042399 Mon 04-Jul-16 15:21:14

Keep it.
It's gorge

Toxicity Mon 04-Jul-16 16:13:27

I think you have gorgeous hair, personally I am jealous!!

I would trim it to get rid of any dead ends but if you are really fancying a change the style you posted about is nice.

margaritasbythesea Mon 04-Jul-16 16:39:54

You have lovely very individual hair. The blow dried to death one you say you want is not a patch on it.

JapaneseSlipper Mon 04-Jul-16 18:46:31

Go for it. It's just a little too long now - very pretty, but just a bit heavy I think.

Kudos to you for styling your hair, you're really good at it! Hair styling takes so long and I find it so boring that I never bother, but I really should....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now