bra gurus please advise! almost nailed it, just one issue

(18 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 02-Jul-16 20:50:16

Over the last year I have been reading about and trying out bras. I've discovered how to fit thanks to all you generous people who share info. I no longer wriggle and shift my bra to stop the girls spilling!
I've found that I really like the cleo marcie and the other spotty one I cannot remember the name of. Also quite like panache andorra for its stretchy lace top and goid shape. Ineed quite a narrow gore and am even fullness I think.
I really like these bras but I have problems with the wire jabbing me in the flesh at the outside of my ribcageand forcing flesh up and Iits ridiculously unflattering. And painful by the end of the day. Yes I have weight to lose but I've never noticed this as a problem before. I can't really wear strappy or sleeveless tops without looking horribly bulgy.

Where am I going wrong? Thank you if you can help!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 02-Jul-16 23:07:23

It's Panache. Cleo is Panache but marketed towards younger ladies I think.

I have exactly the same problem. I have bought so many bras from them thinking it won't be a problem and then ending my days at work almost in tears.

There's nothing you can do but find a shape that fits better sorry!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 02-Jul-16 23:09:12

Try Bravissimo's own brand like this one www.bravissimo.com/m/#products/lingerie/sensational-sets/esther-bra/white-floral/ln266wfl/ and Curvy Kate. I find them more comfy.

keeponkeepinon Sat 02-Jul-16 23:41:50

Do you think its a case of finding a wire that reaches further round or a bigger back size? I don't want to lose that narrow gore because others flatten me out sideways and it just doesn't work. They need to be up and at the front but with a bit of leeway at the sides if that makes sense? I'm reluctant because I lost faiyh but I might have to go to ms and just try out a few things.

I so want a good quality bra to be just right! If I was skinnier it would be.

keeponkeepinon Sat 02-Jul-16 23:45:01

I have a curvy kate but it doesn't work for me on the top. Pushes out sideways and I end up a bit flattened with the bra equiv of vpl. Reasonably comfy tho. No skewering at the side.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 04-Jul-16 22:50:38

I don't think you need a different size just a different style. Panache balconette have very long wires in the middle and side. These two bras are not the same size but they are both balconette style. The nude one is Fantasie and (when it fit me!) was comfy. I can't wear the blue one it hurts.

If your CK one gives you double boob it's either the wrong size or just not a good style for you. I can't wear full cups they just look ridiculous, I always get double boob.

You might want to try and decent plunge - so long as it fits they aren't like Wonderbra with your boobs round your neck! The black and white one is CK and I love it - comfy and good shape, whereas their balconette style just looks weird on me.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 04-Jul-16 22:57:08

Not even a different style necessarily - panache just have those outrageously long wires!

You could try the panache floris, it's very similar to marcie but has a 3 hook back and is a tad wider. It also might be worth trying one cup up in marcie as I tend to go out the sides and back if it's a tad small rather than quadding

keeponkeepinon Tue 05-Jul-16 07:03:19

I think imight order a size up in the marcie. I don't quad in the marcie either but rather than making me look slender at the sides its all bulging. I love the marcie for bringing things forward where they should be but this problem is actually knocking my confidence. I will look out for the floris too.

Rosebag Tue 05-Jul-16 10:25:24

Panache bras always give me the best shape but the wires are too long and dig in at the side and I'm desperate to take them off by mid afternoon. I do much better with Fantasie and Prima Donna. Freya are comfy too but stretch very quickly, and feel too lose around the band within a couple of wears. HTH

I think up a cup might be what you need, that does sound exactly how my marcie behaves when too small. I have it in 3 cup sizes as I fluctuate a fair bit, but the cup design means it's always sent out the side if it's a big wee, even though I've got really close set boobs.

keeponkeepinon Tue 05-Jul-16 15:49:56

Thank you very much. I'm 32gg so up a cup would be 32h? Is it worth trying a bigger band as well? ie. 34gg? If I've got that right! I do have it quite firm but not painfully so.( the panache aAndorra is really really a lot tighter in the band than the marcie and if I tried another of these I would def size up in the band.

I'd just go up to the 32H, it will make the band feel a little looser anyway as if the cup is actually a sniff small the band gets pulled a bit. I suspect you need cup space and scooping

keeponkeepinon Tue 05-Jul-16 16:18:45

Excellent thanks. Going to order now. Have you seen the nude marcie? I could do with a nude bra but it looks a strange shade. A bit orange almost but maybe its my screen.

I have it. It is a bit orange on me but no nude matches me, I'm so pale I'm practically caspar. The spots are an issue under anything really fine but it's fine under a standard white t shirt

pippinandtog Tue 05-Jul-16 16:38:37

Maybe try a non-wired style for comfort.

At a 32GG/H that's probably not a good idea. The non wired styles simply won't offer the lift or support that the OP needs

keeponkeepinon Tue 05-Jul-16 18:54:08

I think I'd always go for a wired tbh. I prefer the shape and support. I've ordered up a cup size in the marcie and a couple of sizes to test out in the Andorra. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now