plus size non aging work wear

(12 Posts)
bonnie1981 Sat 02-Jul-16 16:28:48

I have a vip meeting next week through work and will more than likely be photographed for newspapers etc. previously in such photographs I look enormous and unkempt sad.

Trying to lose weight but obviously that takes time.

I need to find something to wear for next week that is slimming, smart, fitted (not like a tent) and suitable for a mid 30s person (not making me look twice my age)

Any recommendations of where to shop? Today I went online and looked at asos, studio 8, evans, boohoo, H&M, yoursclothing - but could not see anything that looked slimming or age appropriate.

Also any advice on accessories to wear that could distract from the big tum and arse.

No heels - I have balance problems.

I'm a size 18/20

Many many thanks in advance

Merrybertie Sat 02-Jul-16 18:33:46

Following. I'm the same size a c struggling not to look 10 years older....

Merrybertie Sat 02-Jul-16 18:34:13

*and

OK, what is your body shape like? Do you have a defined waist, good bust, apple shape, pear...?

How smart do you need to be - are we talking suit smart or nice dress smart?

tigerdick Sat 02-Jul-16 20:05:02

Do you have time to book in for a personal shopper? I've heard Debenhams is quite good: www.debenhams.com/content/store-services/footer-personal-shopper

PalacePalacePalace Sat 02-Jul-16 20:12:05

I'm a similar size and have been surprised by warehouse recently. Load's of skirts that I've been able to smarten up with a blazer.

Also Mango Violetta - I've got a good very smart interview dress from them.

AuditAngel Sat 02-Jul-16 20:53:20

I have a shift dress plus jacket from Debenhams (with trousers too). I also have a similar one from M&S

Chewbecca Sat 02-Jul-16 21:00:43

What about this linea (house of Fraser) dress with matching jacket? Linea goes up to a 22 it seems.

polyhymnia Sat 02-Jul-16 21:02:32

Have you looked at Boden? They go up to 22 and to workwear . I tend to get all my basics from there. If money no object, I recommend Marina Rinaldi, which I wore all the time I worked in a senior 'office job'. Just got a nice pure silk blouse from them online.

polyhymnia Sat 02-Jul-16 21:07:12

Have you checked out Hobbs if you're only an 18/22. Great work clothes IMO.
Those Linea things look of interest too .
On shoes, lots of gorgeous flats about now. Take a look at Russell and Bromley.

haveacupoftea Sat 02-Jul-16 23:47:19

You need to start buying from Dorothy Perkins. Purse friendly, goes up to size 22 and cut for curves, and most importantly not too young or too grannyish!

bonnie1981 Sun 03-Jul-16 11:02:35

what shape am I, I have a protruding belly, big bum and thighs, short legs so dresses aren't favourites of mine. I think I'm an apple at the moment although in my skinnier days I was more hourglass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now