Talk

Advanced search

Help highlights made me look like Lamahl

(16 Posts)
Camembertie Sat 02-Jul-16 08:36:19

First time ever yesterday, really hate them.

Is there anything I can I can buy to tone them down to a darker blonde?

Photo attached showing said disaster (weren't cheap either)

Backingvocals Sat 02-Jul-16 08:42:49

Can't see you behind your camera. Don't be too shy wink

Backingvocals Sat 02-Jul-16 08:43:51

PS no you don't really. I like them.

PlanD Sat 02-Jul-16 08:48:27

It's looks OK to me. Is your hair wet? The blonde highlights will fade relatively quickly if they're anything like mine!

user1467042399 Sat 02-Jul-16 08:55:01

I actually really like them.
Tbh I wouldn't start messing around incase you turn them ginger but if your dead set on it I would wait a few days to have a think.
I know sometimes i hate my hair then change my mind

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 02-Jul-16 08:57:50

I think they're too much of a contrast against your natural hair color, maybe that's why you don't like them? Possibly you needed another color to blend them in a bit more. I have 3 colours put through mine.

Savagebeauty Sat 02-Jul-16 09:00:08

I like your nails grin
And hair looks ok

XiCi Sat 02-Jul-16 09:07:41

They honestly look fine. What was it that you asked the hairdresser to do, did you ask for blonde highlights?

abbsismyhero Sat 02-Jul-16 09:12:06

Live with it for a few days see how you feel

2yummymummy2 Sat 02-Jul-16 09:17:58

I get highlights and they fade so fast. In a few weeks the colour will be a lot duller so leave leave it and see

You can also use a semi permanent due over them to darker them that will gradually wash out

VioletBam Sat 02-Jul-16 09:19:02

Style it and it will look nice OP!

TSSDNCOP Sat 02-Jul-16 09:23:18

savage I have a similar shellac called Rubble on.

Give it 2 days OP I reckon you'll change your mind.

Camembertie Sat 02-Jul-16 12:05:47

Thank you all, was just watching my Dad getting ordained grin it's the contrast I don't like, I think I actually wanted low lights in a caramel kind of colour, it's the fact that the tint is dark, the highlights are blonde and the overall effect is somewhat grey.

I think I will just have to wait for a while, I'm getting the tint redone in 8 weeks and will ask for a lighter base, and try and articulate what I want.

Thanks again

PS nails are Collection 2000, cheap as chips

VioletBam Sat 02-Jul-16 12:07:54

"*I was just watching my Dad getting ordained* grin

Congratulations Camembertie's D.Dad!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 02-Jul-16 12:24:19

They look good , maybe change the centre parting a bit and alter where they sit.
My first attempt at home hightlights looked like Russel Kane shock but I gelled it and ruffled a bit (my hair wass Pixie short at the time so nowhere to hide )

BTW, I now have "TooShyShy" earworming me and I just checked ..it was 1983, before a lot of MN were even born so I feel ancient wink <<sigh>>

JaneJeffer Sat 02-Jul-16 12:26:36

Hush, hush, it looks nice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now