what do you carry your lap top in?

(33 Posts)
mypropertea Fri 01-Jul-16 07:33:50

Starting a new job soon and I need to carry a laptop to and from work on the train. I don't want to end up carrying what looks like a hideous school bag (I have one now and it is the same size as my torso) and figured I deserve a treat- new bag it is.

The bag of dreams must fit a medium size lap top and have space for my lunch. Preferably a dark colour so it doesn't show dirt.

Thank you stylish people!

LavenderSugar Fri 01-Jul-16 07:50:02

I have a longchamp le pliage large. It doesn't have compartments (bar a small side pocket for oyster and my other cards and keys) but can comfortably fit my large work laptop, lunch, a litre water bottle and can also have a basket shop shoved in when I need to get shopping on the way home. I like that it is nylon too, so can be wiped clean.

My colleagues take the piss because it's so massive- but they all carry a separate work laptop bag as well as their own, which I wouldn't want to do confused

idontlikealdi Fri 01-Jul-16 07:55:45

A joules tote bag or my satchel.

DiggersRest Fri 01-Jul-16 08:47:19

Slimline backpack. Large bulky bags on PT are a PITA for you and everyone else.

rubybleu Fri 01-Jul-16 08:52:11

A Knomo Beauchamp rucksack - looks good and great for commuting.

www.knomobags.com/uk/beauchamp-black-14-backpack.html?gclid=CLnewP7j0c0CFe4y0wodGq8PbA

ZaraW Fri 01-Jul-16 10:09:00

Madewell Transport tote.

KondoAttitude Fri 01-Jul-16 12:54:26

That's the nicest laptop rucksack I've ever seen, rubybleu.

jennasmith951 Fri 01-Jul-16 13:03:41

I love rucksacks! I think they are so convenient and useful - I would totally go for it.

PontypineNumber9 Fri 01-Jul-16 13:38:01

I second Knomo backpacks. I use one for work but also find myself using it on non work days too as I love it.

APlaceOnTheCouch Fri 01-Jul-16 14:20:52

A Firenze laptop bag.

leedy Fri 01-Jul-16 14:50:37

Ooh, those Knomo ones are lovely.

Somerville Fri 01-Jul-16 15:11:56

I've got several different styles and colours of Knomo bags depending on my outfit/how much stuff I need that day.

They do great sales - I don't think I've ever paid full price for one.

mypropertea Fri 01-Jul-16 16:09:45

Knomo are lovely! May need further job moves to finance a collection though. Keep the suggestions coming please as I won't get one till I have signed the contract.

UhtredRagnorsson Fri 01-Jul-16 16:19:02

I have two Herschel Collins Totes. One for work, one for not work. I love those bags more than life itself. They are the best bags I have ever owned. I'd get more colours but...I'd feel like I was betraying the two bags I have now which are my forever bags.

gettingtogreat Fri 01-Jul-16 16:21:56

Knomo are lovely and they have a sale on now!

DaisyBD Fri 01-Jul-16 16:25:17

I second the longchamp le pliage - I bought this for exactly this reason, I was fed up with having to carry two bags. I just put my macbook in a neoprene case inside this. Also it's very light, and extremely roomy. No-one's ever taken the piss over its size! grin

ShebaQueen Fri 01-Jul-16 18:35:57

Highly recommend Knomo. Had mine for years and it still looks great. Agree with others, don't pay full price.

SpaghettiMeatballs Fri 01-Jul-16 22:47:09

Love these Knomo bags. I hadn't heard of them until I read this thread.

I use either:
-Mulberry oversized Alexa ( a treat to myself from redundancy years ago!)
-a Radley backpack in pale grey
-a Cambridge Satchel
-A Ness tweedy satchel

Or when I'm travelling, a Riutbag

Youremywifenow Sat 02-Jul-16 00:03:44

This
www.paulcostelloebags.com/?product=the-filton-17

It really the perfect work bag, proper laptop compartment and lots of pockets. Looks v. smart.

I have a similar style knomo that I can't find on the website but it's not as good as the Paul Costello as there isn't a fastener to secure the laptop section closed so it doesn't keep it's shape as well. I do love it though, it was about £300 and I gazed at it online for ages then found the exact one in TK Maxx on clearance for £120. It's a really lovely dark pink with purple lining. Similar to the Curzon they have online atm.

Youremywifenow Sat 02-Jul-16 00:05:57

I got the Paul Costelloe in TK Maxx as well was £70

sugarmonster64 Sat 02-Jul-16 05:57:21

Another vote for knomo. I have a tote and its like a tardis. Got mine cheap from tk maxx so worth a look there. Mine isn't leather so was only £30-40 if I recall

DetestableHerytike Sat 02-Jul-16 06:12:31

Yup, knomo backpack.

LittleLionHeart Sat 02-Jul-16 13:55:35

Mulberry Bayswater fits my laptop and my lunch. Got it from Bicester in February. Used it every single day since.

specialsubject Sat 02-Jul-16 14:08:05

Watch the weight on those bags. All those cheap looking gold trims, logos and extra handles add strain on your back. A hip belt is best if you are carrying a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now