Breastfeeding in a dress - genius purchase?

(9 Posts)
Knitella Thu 30-Jun-16 20:22:41

Fed up of not being able to wear dresses I can't open/slip off arm etc to feed, I have bought a black underbust stretchy slip from Sainsburys for £12. Combined with a black t shirt style feeding bra it looks pretty respectable. Like a body con dress. I'm just going to lift up my floaty dress I'm wearing on top to feed baby. No flashing of pants! Giving it a whirl at a wedding tomorrow.

Right now it is feeling genius - also holds in my tummy! Means I can wear something I actually want to wear rather than for ease of feeding.

Anyone else got any BFing hacks?

Artandco Thu 30-Jun-16 20:24:13

I just bought breastfeeding wrap dresses from seraphine. We're in sale at £25 each. Bought 4. Lasted years and I wore most days

Artandco Thu 30-Jun-16 20:26:29

Like these

m.seraphine.com/classic-black-maternity-wrap-dress.html

Batteriesallgone Thu 30-Jun-16 20:28:12

Join Can I Breastfeed In It? UK Facebook group. There's also a blog. It's brill

Verticalvenetianblinds Thu 30-Jun-16 20:29:01

I have a large number of strappy tops, that with leggings under a dress. If I need to lift dress up I'm all covered. Otherwise I wear v necked dresses that get pushed down, strappy top gets pulled up limiting boobage flashing.
Struggling with tan lines tho this year, normally go strapless or halter neck but cant with these bad boys swinging around sad

Numberoneisgone Thu 30-Jun-16 20:33:55

All v neck dresses here with a black vest top under. I cut the vests right up to under the boobs. Then dress down and vest up and off you go.

Knitella Thu 30-Jun-16 20:44:30

Artandco thanks - lovely dress. My style is more boho. I'll remember about those for any friends looking for a BF friendly smart outfit smile

Batteries thanks - I'll check it out!

Knitella Thu 30-Jun-16 20:52:02

vertical yup, I'm a leggings and vest plus top/dress kind of girl most days too. In hot weather I ditch the vest layer and just get a (small so less noticeable) boob out. I'm not so bothered about boob flashing but feel pants and wobbly tum crossing the line ha ha! I just love dresses - and god I need some sun on my pasty legs.

number chopping vest is a great idea!

Numberoneisgone Thu 30-Jun-16 22:27:32

Primark is your friend for the chopping vests. Honestly boho and chopped vests are a match made in heaven especially if there is any possiblilty for pulling the dress down which is often a boho speciality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now