Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else ordered from the Lindy Bop sale? My first order and I'm a little nervous!

(30 Posts)
Redcherries Wed 29-Jun-16 15:37:48

I stumbled on the Lindy Bop sale whilst having a browse on line for wiggle dresses. I made quite a big order in a size up (I'm in-between), gave them my cold hard cash via Amazon pay and then found the awful reviews they've had since the start of June!

How do you find their sizing and quality, as it seems returns and refunds are the issue. Whilst I do have some expensive dresses I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for.

Has anyone tried the wiggle dresses? Most of the online chat about them is based on the swing skirt styles.

I am so looking forward to getting my order!

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 29-Jun-16 15:52:12

I think you'll be fine because the quality and sizing are great. This was the issue;

They moved! They didn't update the new address on their website so everyone returned their packaged to the old address - they then had to pay the courier company to return them, relabel them and pay again to send them back to LB's new address.

The website is now up to date and after (a lot) of messages LB refunded the return postage and postage to new address.

I still wasn't that happy cos my return took two weeks so my refund was much later than expected and messaging the courier and LB took up a lot of time but they did put their mistake right.

If there's any issues message via Facebook as their response is quicker.

Redcherries Wed 29-Jun-16 15:57:36

Reading the reviews i could imagine some poor soul sat at their desk drowning in emails and paperwork sobbing into a cold coffee!

Do you buy a lot from them? I have used Pretty Kitty, Lady V and Pretty dress company for the more vintage styles in the past. Pretty dress is much more expensive but I wondered if quality wise they are on par with the other 2? I'm also hoping I've gone with the right size as in the swing style I'm the lower size but I think the wiggle cut gives a little less breathing space!

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Wed 29-Jun-16 16:04:13

That sounds about right! grin

I've ordered from them twice - a total of about 23 items. The quality on everything is very good. The cut is good, the colour are accurate and they wash well. I haven't ordered from the other places you mentioned though so I'm not sure how the quality compares.

I'm sure if you do need to return it, you'll find it a much easier process now that they moved completely and updated their website but the sizing is usually pretty good.

NorksAreMessy Wed 29-Jun-16 16:35:02

I buy LOADS of dresses from the sale every time. In fact I only ever buy from the sale...sometimes the dresses are £11 each. I wear Lindy Bop dresses every single day, so I like a variety
I have to buy a size up because I am norky, but most dresses have a bit of stretch in them, so are very comfortable.
They wash well...I don't tumble dry them, but most of them don't even need ironing if hung up out of the washing machine

I have returned lots of stuff, too, and never had a problem.

BIG fan here smile

MrsDeVere Wed 29-Jun-16 16:37:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DianaT1969 Wed 29-Jun-16 16:42:13

I have the green and white polka wiggle dress and 3 others. I find the quality and fit very good. Really good value.

MrsDeVere Wed 29-Jun-16 16:47:00

Redcherries Wed 29-Jun-16 17:08:10

'Tabby' Black Off Shoulder Wiggle Dress
'Amie' Navy Polka Dot Tea Dress
'Maybelle' Black Jacquard Twin Set
'Peggy' Red Polka Dot Circle Skirt
'Isla' Navy Fishtail Wiggle Dress
'Tiffany' Grey Collared Wiggle Dress
'Margarita' Leopard Print Wiggle Dress

I'm very excited, especially with getting feedback from you! I am wondering if I should do a second order a size down! I did do quite a big order but at the prices I could order a few smaller sizes within my budget.

MrsDeVere Wed 29-Jun-16 19:50:55

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 29-Jun-16 20:22:33

Snap. grin. I've been on the Lindy bop ordered myself about 5 dresses.
I've also got quite a few other dresses from there as well. All great quality and wash lovely.
The wiggle dresses don't appeal to me though. I must say. coz I haven't got the figure

doradoo Thu 30-Jun-16 11:50:34

Oops shouldn't have clicked on this thread..... €130 lighter - but excited about what to come...... Fingers crossed on sizing though?!

BuntyBlue Thu 30-Jun-16 13:49:50

I am a sheep, just clicked on this thread, now about to place an order!

I am a 10-12 normally, so should I order a size 10 or a 12?

Does anyone know if the kids sizes come up big or small...for a small nearly 6 year old, would you order 5-6 or 7-8?

thanks

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 30-Jun-16 14:28:17

I always go for the biggest size. As you can easily get them taken in.

fastdaytears Thu 30-Jun-16 14:31:39

I love them! Their returns aren't the fastest but I've never had any problems.

Once I managed to order the same exact order twice blush and they emailed me to ask if I really meant to, then refunded it. So I think their customer service is fab.

MrsDeVere Thu 30-Jun-16 16:14:25

BuntyBlue Thu 30-Jun-16 18:19:08

Thank you, I am looking at the full skirt ones, so probably a 10 would be ok. Excited. The kids party dresses are so cute too and a bargain for £5.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 30-Jun-16 18:45:36

The quality is not great IMHO. The material is often cheap

Redcherries Fri 01-Jul-16 10:43:31

Do you think the quality is in line with the cost though, I buy quite a wide range of cost dresses and shoes and don't expect one I paid £30 for to match the quality and staying power of one I pay £150 for, but then I probably treat them differantly too.

I had my dispatch email yesterday, looking forward to seeing them. I do have my eye on a slightly (!) more expensive replacement if they don't work for me.

Iliveinalighthouse, the swing ones are lovely aren't they, my husband isn't so keen but I think it's because I have broad back and shoulders then slimmish waist in comparison then a curvy bum, when I wear the full skirt it makes me look quite a bit bigger than I am, whereas the wiggle makes the most of waist and bum so it takes the eye off the wrestlers shoulders ;)

Redcherries Fri 01-Jul-16 10:44:35

I didn't mean to sound sharp in that first sentence, sorry, was a genuine question regards quality/cost.

QuimReaper Fri 01-Jul-16 11:05:23

I feel an order coming on too!

Can anyone advise on the kids' sizes? They have some lovely ones which I want for my goddaughter's 6th birthday, reckon the 5-6 will be a good fit? She's completely average size for her age. And are the belts horrible quality?

QuimReaper Fri 01-Jul-16 11:50:33

Oh God I am having such trouble minimising my basket! blush

Redcherries Fri 01-Jul-16 12:12:33

Slightly sulky here, a delivery arrived but it was work related.

Quim, was an issue I had too ;)

Runningupthathill82 Fri 01-Jul-16 13:38:38

Stuff is selling out so fast! Between putting three things in my basket and getting to the payment screen, two of the things I wanted had gone.

fastdaytears Fri 01-Jul-16 16:51:01

I would say cost and quality in line! The design and cut is better than I would expect for the cost, but the fabric is the weakest bit. Other than their slightly fancier made in Britain stuff, which is nicer fabric. But more expensive.

I get enough wear to justify the cost, then can order another design without feeling guilty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now