Talk

Advanced search

Glad I didn't bother buying summer clothes this year

(10 Posts)
Dontanalyseit Wed 29-Jun-16 07:52:59

Apart from a dress for a wedding and a pair of sandals I took back, I have bought nothing this year.

It's like October here, dark and raining and I even put the heating on last night.

If we have a sudden heatwave I will manage with stuff I have from previous years which I rarely wear and no holiday abroad for me this year.

I wonder if the sales will be good this year.

Lottapianos Wed 29-Jun-16 08:01:23

I know! I had a look around the shops the other day and apparently they think we all live in Miami! I know that people need skimpy stuff for going on holiday but certainly not in the UK. Its rained here every single day in June. Rubbish summer so far

Trills Wed 29-Jun-16 08:15:04

Do you normally buy new summer clothes every year then?

Do you also buy new winter clothes, or is it only summer that gets this treatment?

bigTillyMint Wed 29-Jun-16 08:21:09

I buy some new clothes every year, both summer and winter confused

I have been wearing summer clothes since the start of May because it has been warm enough here (London) and we will be going on a hot holiday in August, but I know I could have managed with what I already have - I just like summer clothes.

CopperPot Wed 29-Jun-16 08:26:58

I buy a few new bits every winter and summer. Only did summer bits this year for a holiday. Awful weather

Dontanalyseit Wed 29-Jun-16 08:30:55

Yes I love clothes. I would normally buy summer and winter stuff. I even swap it around and pack some of it away. Well usually, no point this year.

Trills Wed 29-Jun-16 08:36:34

I think I just buy "some clothes" every so often. I don't label them in my head as "summer clothes".

I agree with Tilly that it's been warm enough to be wearing summery things for a while - it hasn't been cold, just wet.

Scarydinosaurs Wed 29-Jun-16 08:37:46

I have an online order I keep toying with, but it just doesn't seem worth it! Never bother going to the checkout because I'm in jumpers and jeans still!

JemimaMuddledUp Wed 29-Jun-16 11:15:01

Over recent weeks I've been wearing summer stuff as its been warm and sunny. But I'm back in tights and a cardi today. Hoping to be back in summer stuff soon!

Trills Wed 29-Jun-16 19:33:51

I've just bought a pair of extremely summery trousers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now