Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress formal enough for black tie, and can I wear these shoes with it?

(5 Posts)
BikeRunSki Tue 28-Jun-16 20:39:31

Got asked today, to attend an industry black tie do on Friday. Industry is civil engineers/surveyors all very traditional, male and quite dull!

I have a more-than OK black dress and shoe combo which I could wear, but also this pinky-red dress which I'm considering as its a lot more summery. Is it formal enough?

If I do go for the red dress, would these dark purple shoes work? I have wide, size 8.5-9 feet and buying shoes is a nightmare. I can only wear low heels due to an ankle injury. Buying new formal shoes at short notice is not an option! Had a quick whizz round the shops at lunchtime, nothing suitable. Sake stuff had nothing left in my size, winter stuff coming in is too heavy for the dress.

HermioneWeasley Tue 28-Jun-16 20:43:41

I think shoes are fine. I'd probably go with a black dress and add great earrings or necklace.

BikeRunSki Tue 28-Jun-16 20:53:25

I'm veering towards the black actually. I'm 45 and a bit tubby, and well respected in my field. I'm not really one for making statements with bright clothing. Not really sure how the red dress sneaked into a largely black, grey and navy wardrobe!

HermioneWeasley Tue 28-Jun-16 21:29:17

To be fair, I am similar. Colours scare me!

BikeRunSki Tue 28-Jun-16 21:50:21

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now