Talk

Advanced search

Engagement ring dilemma

(11 Posts)
Misskittykat Tue 28-Jun-16 20:18:30

Lucky me, Bf proposed last night but with no ring. It will be a second marriage for both of us and wanted to ensure I had the ring I wanted rather than one of his choice. Thoughtful of him I think but now I am having a major headache .... I can't choose!!! Pressure is on now as we are visiting relatives soon and want a ring on my finger but where do I go?! I live in depths of Cornwall so going to London is out. First world problem amd all that I know. Any suggestions?

Scarydinosaurs Tue 28-Jun-16 20:20:16

Do you wear rings already? Do you have a style/budget/definitely no list?

Pinterest has lots of engagement ring ideas.

nilbyname Tue 28-Jun-16 20:21:44

Etsy?

pippinandtog Tue 28-Jun-16 20:21:51

Argos?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 28-Jun-16 20:22:28

There must be jewellers shops in cornwall?

lcoc2015 Tue 28-Jun-16 20:25:27

I got some inpiration from here and ideas for prices. They do also deliver : www.bluenile.com/ie/engagement-rings.
however i ended up buying mine at auction and got a beautiful victorian ring in an estate sale for about 1/3 of what you'd pay in a jewellers. Do a bit of research for an auction house near you - most post their catalogues online ahead of auction.

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 28-Jun-16 20:35:24

I second the auctioneer suggestion; my friend's engagement ring is like something from Liz Taylor's bank vault, and cost a fraction of my (lovely but relatively simple) one bought from the jewellery quarter.

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 28-Jun-16 20:40:32

Could you go up to Exeter on the train and go to Mortimers?

Misskittykat Tue 28-Jun-16 20:44:22

I've trawled the usual high street stores and found nothing. I wear silver so want white gold and I'm not a fussy delicate person or like "bling"! Auction sites are a great idea thank you

Sleepybeanbump Tue 28-Jun-16 20:50:12

I'm guessing if you found nothing you like online you don't like the standard solitaire look.

What's your dress sense and normal taste in jewellery?

Misskittykat Tue 28-Jun-16 21:19:21

Sleepy I like the solitaire but just wanted something slightly different incorporating that I suppose. Maybe I'm just being too fussy. I have a silver band on my right hand and a chunky silver bracelet and small hoops in my ears really not into jewellery that much which is why I suppose I'm having trouble!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now