Talk

Advanced search

Looking for olive/khaki leather messenger or crossbody bag

(14 Posts)
Pantsalive Tue 28-Jun-16 14:40:40

I currently have a oilcloth bag that is about 10" sq (plus gusset) which is a great size and I use it a lot but it's patterned so limits what I can wear it with. I'd like to replace it with a olive/khaki coloured leather one.

I've done a lot of looking but can't find quite the right thing. I'd like it to be very simple but have at least one pocket on the inside. Some of the very simple ones look a bit too 'man bag'.

To give you an idea, I am currently watching these on ebay. They are all close to what I want but none of them is quite right:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311624643091?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252342266870?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262497024777?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've probably got about £100 budget as my DM is going to get it for me as a birthday present.

Can anyone come up with anything I haven't found?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 28-Jun-16 14:54:30

http://m.coggles.com/bags-clothing/women/accessories/barbour-wax-leather-mail-cross-body-bag-olive/10909060.html

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 28-Jun-16 14:55:26

m.coggles.com/bags-clothing/women/accessories/barbour-wax-leather-mail-cross-body-bag-olive/10909060.html

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 28-Jun-16 14:55:47

Ignore first onehmm

Pantsalive Tue 28-Jun-16 17:30:07

Thanks Diazepam. That's the sort of thing but just a bit too manly.
Seems to be the problem with wanting a khaki one.

itstheyearzero Tue 28-Jun-16 18:50:54

This any good? There are some lovely taupe bags in TK Maxx at the moment as well
"Beck Sondergaard" Olive Leather Cross-Body Bag - TK Maxx
www.tkmaxx.com/handbags/olive-leather-cross-body-bag/invt/11081511

wiltedcabbage Tue 28-Jun-16 18:54:41

Have you tried Yoshi? I have this one in my basket at the moment as I think it's a great neutral colour for summer though it might be too light for you?
www.yoshi.co.uk/products/farringdon-mushroom-leather-cross-body-bag

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 28-Jun-16 18:56:27

I know what you mean, I quite like masculine bagsgrin

Pantsalive Tue 28-Jun-16 22:49:58

Sorry for the delay. I have been out this evening.

That TK Maxx one definitely looks like a contender. I had imagined a flap over front but I'm sure I could get used to a zip top. I might send DM to see what else there is in store.

As you guessed, the Yoshi is a bit pale for me. I'll see what else there is on their website as I do have a Yoshi bag that I love. That cross body bag looks just like the shape of the Radley one I'm watching on eBay. Perhaps I should go for that.

Diazepam fancy a forest green, Timberland bag? I bought it on eBay and it's just too masculine.

Pantsalive Wed 29-Jun-16 12:05:41

I've found this bag that I really like but it 's just too big.
Etsy
Can anyone find anything similar?
Or has anyone had success in having something made to order? I'm always very wary.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 29-Jun-16 12:29:03

I was going to suggest Radley before I clicked on your first link. grin

I have a tan and a black Radley. They are older than my teen DS! It really isn't my brand per say but I just love them. The tan one has aged awesomely and looks great.

The dogs ran off years ago. But I can't do without them. We go to a lot of theme parks etc where they are perfect for the essentials. And you can fit in a lot of essentials. blush

Strap is very comfy also.

Pantsalive Wed 29-Jun-16 13:54:26

That's really interesting Lemonpledge. I feel the same, that I'm not a Radley person and I think that's what is putting me off what is probably just the bag I need.

What size is your bag? Although the medium seems to be almost exactly the same size as the bag I want to replace, it looks bigger on the few photos I've managed to find of people wearing them. Perhaps I just need to stand in front of a mirror wearing mine to check.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Wed 29-Jun-16 17:31:44

I have one of each and the tan is the medium size. The black one is a little too small for day to day, I save that for evenings only.

Medium perfect for day to day use.

Pantsalive Wed 29-Jun-16 19:46:36

Thanks, Lemonpledge. That's just what I needed to hear.

I have a smaller, similar bag which I use for evenings out. I definitely want this one to be my everyday bag.

I think I'm going to go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now