Talk

Advanced search

casual day dresses with sleeves

(21 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Mon 27-Jun-16 17:02:36

This seems to be the holy grail for me. I am always looking for them; never finding them. Having found one decent one for work recently, and seeing how useful and easy it is , I want more and I want ones I can wear out of work.

I cannot find more, or rather I have ordered lots that were no good. If you have seen any, can you post a link, please?

I cannot do tunics or anything without a proper waist. Drawstring waists look terrible on me.

If anyone is interested I will post the links of the ones I tried. There were some possible ones

Gusthetheatrecat Mon 27-Jun-16 22:59:00

I bought a couple from Sea Salt recently:
www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/dresses-and-tunics

I have also had some success with dresses from Debenhams, strangely. Including one navy jersey one that was really cheap which I ordered on a whim but which has been fab.

I am a bit of a fattie so need large sizes, but am starting to think I will get some of my dresses taken up slightly so they are on the knee rather than approaching mid-calf, which is not such a flattering length on me.

I agree dresses with sleeves are the holy grail. Why aren't there more of them? Why?!

Meowlster Mon 27-Jun-16 23:02:09

I got [http://www.ness.co.uk/lulu-dress this] the other day, it's lovely.

Meowlster Mon 27-Jun-16 23:03:03

Hmmm... Sorry...
this

braceybracegirl Mon 27-Jun-16 23:06:24

White Stuff is good for dresses

OneTwoOneTwoThreeFour Mon 27-Jun-16 23:09:49

I have some nice shirt dresses from River Island and Miss Selfridge. Not obvious shops for my demographic, but they are great

margaritasbythesea Tue 28-Jun-16 07:22:03

Thankyou. Sorry I didn't see these replies yesterday. I will check them out, although I have already looked at sea salt and white stuff and tried that ness dress on. I have a long body and it makes me look 5 because the waist is too high.

margaritasbythesea Tue 28-Jun-16 07:23:12

But thankyou and I will look again.

Meowlster Wed 29-Jun-16 09:39:32

That's a shame about the Ness dress.
Let us know what you find!

puddock Wed 29-Jun-16 09:42:25

Uniqlo can be good for dresses with sleeves (and even pockets) - not all tunic-style! - though the sizes don't go much past a 14. Cos might also be worth a look?

macnab Wed 29-Jun-16 15:16:01

Oasis have some really nice dresses at the moment (some even in their sale) and lots of them have sleeves (and proper waists!)

www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/dresses/

1moreglassplease Wed 29-Jun-16 15:41:57

Check out the range that Monsoon are doing with the woman from Issa (can't remember her name). All have waists and sleeves.

Djangor Wed 29-Jun-16 15:44:09

Have you looked at the House of Fraser website as they have loads of brands & you can specify short sleeve or 3/4 or long sleeve as well as dress style.

margaritasbythesea Wed 29-Jun-16 19:18:21

Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to do another trawl tonight.

Some of those Monsoon dresses are gorgeous - but typically I really like the ones without sleeves. sad

I tried this from People Tree which was almost but not quite on me because of the colour. Someone else might like it though. It is nice.

margaritasbythesea Wed 29-Jun-16 19:29:11

I quite like this from Pure Collection to but it is too worky really.

fandabbydozier Wed 29-Jun-16 19:45:28

Can you link the one you bought for work that you like? Thanks

Diddlydokey Wed 29-Jun-16 19:54:31

www.marksandspencer.com/l/women/dresses/dresses-with-sleeves-n-d7n2l

Gap
Banana Republic
Dorothy Perkins
Next
Phase eight sale

margaritasbythesea Wed 29-Jun-16 19:57:40

It has sold out now but it is this in a different colour.

margaritasbythesea Wed 29-Jun-16 20:22:47

Nothing yet ...

Laodicean Wed 29-Jun-16 21:13:59

Try tk maxx if you like that pure one, they usually have some similar.

margaritasbythesea Wed 29-Jun-16 21:45:52

Thanks for the tip. Do you know of any good tips for Baukjen. I've just seen some possible dresses in the perfect colour ... all sold out in my size.
Gah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now