Talk

Advanced search

Travel straighteners for camping

(4 Posts)
greedygorb Mon 27-Jun-16 12:39:58

I need portable straighteners I can use when camping. I'm off every month for a couple of days at least and usually just wear a hat 24/7. But that's not practical in the summer when I'm usually away for longer. I don't usually have access to electricity so they'd need to be gas/battery/ rechargeable. I have very fine frizzy hair and look like Bette Davis in 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane' if I let it dry naturally. And I'm in Scotland so it's raining the whole bloody time. Leading to more frizz. Everything else goes for a burton- makeup, clothes etc but I reduced grown men to hysterics the last time I let it just dry. It is that bad. Any recommendations.

argos sell some with a gas canister for power, there are also some on the market that are rechargeable, google for suppliers. alternatively find a love of plaits and creative twists and wear it up for the trip. I did this on a recent hol and used lots of conditioning masks on the ends before I twisted it up. came home with well moisturised and shiny hair. twas a welcome relief from styling grin

eleven59 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:35:03

I tried some that were powered by a gas cannister. They were next to useless.

greedygorb Mon 27-Jun-16 23:19:50

My hair's too short to put up unfortunately. I might need to take a punt on a cheap set of battery ones and hope for the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now